Tim Tim is offline

Default Lake Lanier, you guys getting any water...yet?

It's snowed pretty think up here over the last week, and then we were
hit with some pretty hard rains. I know it will take a while, but is
Lanier's lever starting to rise...yet?

On Feb 8, 9:53*am, Tim wrote:
It's snowed pretty think up here over the last week, and then we were
hit with some pretty hard rains. I know it will take *a while, but is
Lanier's lever starting to rise...yet?

Yes, we are actually at winter pool, which is low as hell, but still!

Tim wrote:
It's snowed pretty think up here over the last week, and then we were
hit with some pretty hard rains. I know it will take a while, but is
Lanier's lever starting to rise...yet?

We had had lots of rain in Jan and Feb, at least compared to the last 6
months, but the lake levels have not risen. At least it has not gone
down at all.

We will need a number of tropical depressions or hurricanes to drop a
ton of rain in North Georgia to get the levels back to where they need
to be.

Tim Tim is offline

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Tim wrote:
It's snowed pretty think up here over the last week, and then we were
hit with some pretty hard rains. I know it will take a while, but is
Lanier's lever starting to rise...yet?

We had had lots of rain in Jan and Feb, at least compared to the last 6
months, but the lake levels have not risen. At least it has not gone
down at all.

We will need a number of tropical depressions or hurricanes to drop a
ton of rain in North Georgia to get the levels back to where they need
to be.

Sure, I can understand that. it'll take a long time, but looks like
you're doing better.

On Feb 8, 10:00*am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
On Feb 8, 9:53 am, Tim wrote:
It's snowed pretty think up here over the last week, and then we were
hit with some pretty hard rains. I know it will take *a while, but is
Lanier's lever starting to rise...yet?

Yes, we are actually at winter pool, which is low as hell, but still!

We are actually way below winter pool, (about 15 ft), check out this
graph to see current, forecasted and average lake levels

http://water.sam.usace.army.mil/lanfc.htm

That doesn't include the drawdown, Reggie.

On Feb 8, 9:53*am, Tim wrote:
It's snowed pretty think up here over the last week, and then we were
hit with some pretty hard rains. I know it will take *a while, but is
Lanier's lever starting to rise...yet?

Hey, check this dude out, he's from Hattiesburg, MS and plays around
Atlanta sometimes. He's the real deal and when I saw him he brought
the roof down!

http://www.blindpigrecords.com/index...ognum=BPCD5120

On Feb 8, 9:53 am, Tim wrote:
It's snowed pretty think up here over the last week, and then we were
hit with some pretty hard rains. I know it will take a while, but is
Lanier's lever starting to rise...yet?
Yes, we are actually at winter pool, which is low as hell, but still!

We are actually way below winter pool, (about 15 ft), check out this
graph to see current, forecasted and average lake levels

http://water.sam.usace.army.mil/lanfc.htm

That doesn't include the drawdown, Reggie.

The redline showing the average, does include the normal drawdown, and
is the actually average of lake levels.

I normally keep my boat in the water during the winter, and on nice days
would enjoy a nice cruise just to anchor and read a book, or have lunch
on the lake. I have never seen the lake this low, including the last
major drought we had in the early 80's.

If you visit this site, you can see all of the historical data from 1956
to 2008. We really are 15 ft. below the normal winter low.

http://water.sam.usace.army.mil/gage/bufelev.htm

On Feb 8, 10:43*am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
On Feb 8, 9:53 am, Tim wrote:
[...]

I agree that it isn't usually this low. But, it is now, after the
rains at the low end of the winter drawdown.
HK HK is offline

On Feb 8, 9:53 am, Tim wrote:
[...]

Why aren't you out doing a rain dance?

Lake Lanier, Ga. - Bummer G&G ASA 1 December 20th 07 11:57 PM
Fishing in Lake Lanier? HK General 34 November 17th 07 01:35 PM
Lake Lanier at Night Reginald P. Smithers III General 21 November 10th 07 01:24 PM
Lake Lanier and the Chattahoochee River below Lake Lanier SundayOct. 22, 2007 Reginald P. Smithers III General 13 October 25th 07 07:56 PM