HK HK is offline

Default Winning those hearts and minds: the saga continues

BAGHDAD (AP) - The U.S. military said Monday it accidentally killed
nine Iraqi civilians during an operation targeting al-Qaida in Iraq —
the deadliest known case of mistaken identity in recent months.

The Iraqi civilians were killed Saturday near Iskandariyah, 30 miles
south of the Iraqi capital, Navy Lt. Patrick Evans told The Associated
Press.

Evans did not say exactly how the civilians died, but said the killings
occurred as U.S. forces pursued suspected al-Qaida in Iraq militants.
The incident is under investigation, he said.

Iraqi police said the victims, including two women, were in two houses
in the village of Tal al-Samar, which was bombed by American warplanes
late Saturday. They were all Sunnis, an officer said on condition of
anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

The U.S. planes struck after an American convoy came under enemy fire in
Tal al-Samar and soldiers called for air support, the Iraqi officer said.

"We offer our condolences to the families of those who were killed in
this incident, and we mourn the loss of innocent civilian life," Evans
said in a statement e-mailed to the AP.

- - -
Senior Member

Default Manning wins MVP

So, Manning got MVP for the game. I guess that's pretty cool. I doubt
we will ever see three starting QB's in the NFL from one immediate
family again. Especially brothers, that usually doesn't happen where
they both play the same. Goes for sports, goes for music, goes for
girls.. etc.. very rare indeed

Senior Member

On Feb 4, 3:41 pm, John H. wrote:
On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 15:28:15 -0500, HK wrote:
[...]

Harry, it would make you happier if you could find articles like this every
day. I'm sure you're wishing the number were higher. But the death of the
nine probably put a big smile on your face.

--
John H- Hide quoted text -

So, Manning got MVP for the game. I guess that's pretty cool. I doubt
we will ever see three starting QB's in the NFL from one immediate
family again. Especially brothers, that usually doesn't happen where
they both play the same. Goes for sports, goes for music, goes for
girls.. etc.. very rare indeed

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:41:22 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Feb 4, 3:41 pm, John H. wrote:
[...]

Manning deserved it. The Giants defense was awesome, but I guess MVP has to
go to an individual.
--
John H

Senior Member

On Feb 4, 4:04*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:39:42 -0800 (PST),

wrote:
So, Manning got MVP for the game. I guess that's pretty cool. I doubt
we will ever see three starting QB's in the NFL from one immediate
family again. Especially brothers, that usually doesn't happen where
they both play the same. Goes for sports, goes for music, goes for
girls.. etc.. very rare indeed

The only problem is we'll be seeing BOTH of them in endless
commercials ad nauseum.

Cool, they are funny as hell.. specially Payton..

On Mon, 4 Feb 08, justwaitafrekinminute wrote:
The only problem is we'll be seeing BOTH of them in endless
commercials ad nauseum.

Cool, they are funny as hell.. specially Payton.

Have you seen the ones with Archie and all three sons in them? They
might be just local here, I dunno. I can't even remember what they're
selling but they're pretty funny.

Rick