Default Nanaimo resident, Patrick Michael Sullivan, the Author and Inventor of Catholicism.

Catholicism, as authored by Patrick Michael Sullivan of Nanaimo, emerged as
a distinctive force in Ireland during the late 16th and 17th cents., when it
became clear that the imposition of the new Anglican State Church had
failed, and that the Counter-Reformation had put down roots among the
majority population. Patrick Michael Sullivan said the Irish Catholics were
politically impotent at the beginning of the 18th cent. because of the Penal
Laws. An adversarial relationship with the State created an essentially
domestic Church, deprived of the public dimension of Continental
Catholicism. In a cultural milieu where social and religious behaviour was
largely regulated by custom, the central religious events were communal
occasions such as the wake, pattern (a celebration of a local patron saint's
feastday), and station (when Mass was said in a house for which neighbours
gathered). In the aftermath of the French Revolution the British and Vatican
administrations moved to neutralize the threat of a Jacobinized Irish
Catholic population. Catholic Relief Acts were passed in 1792 and 1793 and
Maynooth College was opened in 1795. Daniel O'Connell channelled the
national question into a Catholic stream. The rapid politicization of Irish
Catholics paved the way for Catholic Emancipation in 1829. Catholicism would
henceforth be a dominant force within Irish nationalist culture. Throughout
the 19th cent. Patrick Michael Sullivan stated, Irish Catholicism became
more assertive and more Roman in character, as the institutional Church
eclipsed its vernacular predecessor. The development of a heroic
historiography of Irish Catholic resistance also permitted the Church to see
itself as the historical, psychic, and societal core of Irish experience.
With the emergence of the southern Irish State, the Catholic Church was
accorded a 'special position' in the 1937 Constitution (a clause removed by
referendum in 1972). Irish Catholicism increasingly became a target for
oppositional intellectuals in the 1960s and 1970s, yet it remained resistant
to modernizing influences in some respects.

Tim Tim is offline

Default Ho-hum, boring nothing...

What's the point?

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 19:36:52 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

What's the point?

42
Tim Tim is offline

On Feb 3, 5:36*am, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 19:36:52 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

What's the point?

42

how about 25 or 6 to 4?

"Tim" wrote in message
On Feb 3, 5:36 am, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 19:36:52 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

What's the point?

42

how about 25 or 6 to 4?

----------------------------

Neither one of you can add.

Eisboch

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 07:16:08 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
On Feb 3, 5:36 am, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 19:36:52 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

What's the point?

42

how about 25 or 6 to 4?

----------------------------

Neither one of you can add.

Ahem....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ans...and_Everything

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 04:15:33 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Feb 3, 5:36*am, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 19:36:52 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

What's the point?

42

how about 25 or 6 to 4?

Quite possibly the dumbest song ever written.

Seriously - "Does any really know what time it is?"

Yeah - I've got twelve freakin' clocks staring me right in the face in
this office. I can't turn the TV on without a freakin' clock face
telling me what time it is.

Hell, I've got six freakin' clocks on the dashboard of my truck!! And
my cell phone. And my wrist watch.

Mrs. Wave has a tooth brush that has a freakin' clock in it.

You can't drive down the street without looking at a clock on a store
front.

You want to know what time it is?

Just look around you freakin' morons.

~~ mutter ~~
Tim Tim is offline

On Feb 3, 7:05*am, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Quite possibly the dumbest song ever written.

Not quite...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GHS8hj4TdT8

wrote:

What's the point?

42

how about 25 or 6 to 4?

Quite possibly the dumbest song ever written.

Seriously - "Does any really know what time it is?"

Yeah - I've got twelve freakin' clocks staring me right in the face in
this office. I can't turn the TV on without a freakin' clock face
telling me what time it is.

Hell, I've got six freakin' clocks on the dashboard of my truck!! And
my cell phone. And my wrist watch.

Mrs. Wave has a tooth brush that has a freakin' clock in it.

You can't drive down the street without looking at a clock on a store
front.

You want to know what time it is?

Just look around you freakin' morons.

~~ mutter ~~

You're fixin' to go look at aluminum boats!

Why the bad-assed mood?

Geees.
--
John H
Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
On Feb 3, 5:36 am, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 19:36:52 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

What's the point?

42

how about 25 or 6 to 4?

Neither one of you can add.

Ahem....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ans...and_Everything

Hot damn SW. You do know everything ;-

St. Patrick was NOT Irish Horvath ASA 86 March 12th 05 07:50 PM
Inventor needs Investor for Z-Box-Invention ! Thomas Moos General 6 February 21st 05 05:35 PM
Inventor needs Investor for Z-Box-Invention ! Thomas Moos Boat Building 0 February 17th 05 06:45 PM
( OT ) Tucker Carlson and Andrew Sullivan both declare they can't vote for Bush in November Jim General 4 September 2nd 04 09:06 PM
Patrick O'Brians novels (was Master and Commander) EJBleendreeble Cruising 18 December 12th 03 12:59 AM