Senior Member

Default McCain wins Florida primary...

On Jan 30, 12:07*am, Tim wrote:
On Jan 29, 10:47*pm, Chuck Gould wrote:

Here's hoping both of your parties can field quality candidates that
can run on the issues instead of trying to win with sickening, sleazy
tricks and character assassination.

chuck, now you're hypothetically speaking...

?:

Tim, the answer to your question will be the next big election issue
for the supreme court. Both republicans and democrats broke party
rules by making their primary in FLA before super tuesday. The
democratic party has decided to punish FLA by not counting its
delegates to the convension, the repubs did not. Thus, the repubs will
get delegates, the dems not, until the Clintons drag the party all the
way to the cheif justice.. Just like getting military votes thrown
out, trust me this is not over yet...

Just a simple guy who likes to play with sharks...
RLM RLM is offline

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 01:55:52 -0500, gfretwell wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 05:47:37 GMT, "Sam" wrote:

Even better, Florida sent the Unions packing on Amendment 1, which won
64% to 36%.
Double the homestead tax exemption, and homestead portability when you
move.

That is, "Save our homes" cap portability when you move.

Sam, you overlook this is a right to work state. Unions don't pack that
much punch even up north. You must be a local college student.

This was sold that way but it isn't really true. You don't get this double
exemption from the school tax and that is the biggest line item on your
tax bill. It really only means a couple hundred bucks a year for most
people and Charlie hasn't even explained how he will pay for it.
This is basically the real estate agent relief act of 2008.

Finally someone that understands this phony BS from the Great Charlie
from Pinellas. Jeb the, insurance companies whore's, chosen one.

Most think they can homestead the first $50,000. Wait till they hear the
truth of how that works and the local government will end up collecting to
make up what they think they'll save. After all, they expect the services
that they have become accustomed to. Volunteers seem to be in short supply.
Their going to pay for it anyway.

I look for every half-assed starving real estate agent to be at the tax
appraisers office in the morning looking for gainful employment as
re-appraisers.

Then, to top it off, only the war whores won here other than Mr. 911.

Maybe they'll draft their grand kids out of advanced high school, aka,
college, and start another war to employ them. That will open up some
service jobs in the fast food industry.

The weather and fishing is always better than where I grew up so I'll
stick around here anyway.

Please excuse the rant.

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:44:56 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Jan 29, 10:34*pm, Chuck Gould wrote:
On Jan 29, 6:16?pm, HK wrote:

Glad to see it. I've been a McCain fan ever since the Bushcrappers
screwed him over in South Carolina in 2000.

Hear hear.

Congratulations to the Florida Republicans for making a very wise
choice.

I haven't voted Republican for POTUS in a very long while. Depending
upon who the Democrats nominate, I could imagine voting for McCain
this fall without too much angst.

I *despise* (!) a lot of McCain's political stands, but POTUS needs to
be about character and leadership moreso than politics. McCain scores
highly in the personal integrity and ability categories, and most
people who agree with my politics should be put in jail, anyway- not
elected POTUS. :-)

A McCain candidacy would help improve the tarnished image of the
Republican party and maybe put a few R's back into congress, but
assuming that the D's hold the majority in congress we would be back
to what is historically the best arrangement in Washington DC- the
executive and legislative branches controlled by different parties.

Now I'm not up on the political scam er scheme, but how could Hillary
get such a huge cropping over Barrak, and no delegates, and McCain
topples Romney and gets 52???

Really I don't know that much about the whole primary process.

It's called cheating.

Back in August, Michigan and Florida moved their primary dates forward
and the DNC (Democratic National Committee) as a punishment said the
state delegates would not be seated at the convention.

ALL Democratic candidates at the time promised not to campaign in
Michigan and Florida.

Guess who reneged on both pledges?

Anyway, now Billary wants the delegates seated from - hold on - from
Michigan and Florida.

Funny how that works huh?
Jim Jim is offline

wrote in message
On Jan 30, 12:07 am, Tim wrote:
On Jan 29, 10:47 pm, Chuck Gould wrote:

Here's hoping both of your parties can field quality candidates that
can run on the issues instead of trying to win with sickening, sleazy
tricks and character assassination.

chuck, now you're hypothetically speaking...

?:

Tim, the answer to your question will be the next big election issue
for the supreme court. Both republicans and democrats broke party
rules by making their primary in FLA before super tuesday. The
democratic party has decided to punish FLA by not counting its
delegates to the convension, the repubs did not. Thus, the repubs will
get delegates, the dems not, until the Clintons drag the party all the
way to the cheif justice.. Just like getting military votes thrown
out, trust me this is not over yet...

Just a simple guy who likes to play with sharks...

Hope you're right. There's just something wrong when a political party can
deprive any voter of the right to have his vote counted in the selection
process. Might even be unconstitutional.

Jim Jim is offline

"Tim" wrote in message
Now I'm not up on the political scam er scheme, but how could Hillary
get such a huge cropping over Barrak, and no delegates, and McCain
topples Romney and gets 52???

Really I don't know that much about the whole primary process.

Mebee there really is a god ;-)

Jim Jim is offline

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

Depends what states you win. Big states, more delegates. I don't know
how many states have "winner take all" primaries, and in those that do
not a 60-40 vote split can mean six delegates for the "winner" and
four for the "loser". One of Hillary's victories was in a state that
was disqualtifed by the D party for holding its primary too early, so
she got no delegates there. IIRC- Obama didn't campaing too vigorously
in the "no delegate" state.

Florida forfeited any Democratic Delegates because of the date change of
the primary.
Hillary initially didn't pay too much attention either until Obama won so
big in SC.
Then she did an about-face and campaigned in Florida.

She was just on MSNBC, claiming a "huge" victory.

Comical.

Eisboch

God is really watching over us, isn't he/she?

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Jan 29, 6:16�pm, HK wrote:
[...]

I would love to see McCain and Obama in Nov.

Jim Jim is offline

On Jan 29, 6:16?pm, HK wrote:

[...]

Al least she can't do the hanging chad dance. The time for the bitch to
bitch was before the primary. Now it's just sour grapes.