Default Connecticut Marine Trades Show...

Spent a few hours at the CTMA show at the new Convention Center in
Hartford.

Saw a couple of new model boat introductions - Grady's new 33' center
console, a new 21' Striper center console, new 2008 24' Scout center
console and of course the new 300 hp ETEC.

Very impressed with the Grady - that's one hell of a boat. They have
redesigned the entire line with new Carolina type bow flare and some
flare along the sheer line - very nice looking. The gentle euro
transom gives the boat some style and the integrated stern set back
sets the boat off nicely.

Interior wise - wow. They have really thought this one through. The
stepdown console is like a freakin' small bedroom and is very nicely
appointed. I had enough head room to actually stand up comfortably
and being the larger model of human, I was surprised at the amount of
space to move around in. Very nicely done.

Very nice price too - $247,000 nicely equipped with complete
electronics suite, vacuum toilet, outriggers and various/sundry odds
and ends (coming pads, over stuffed seating, etc.).

http://www.gradywhite.com/336/

The Striper was very interesting. They have done some very unigue
things with the boat inclusing an integrated splash well/bracket, walk
through stern and decreased the gunwale slightly to give the console
some walk around room. The styling is striking, in particular in the
stern. It has a modern S configuration with rounded corners giving a
very pleasing look from any angle.

Interior wise, it's set up for fishing with integrated rod holders and
fish box in the bow, 35 gallon live well and a huge console sufficient
to flush mount a complete C-80 Raymarine electronics suite. The step
down console is very roomy and has decent enough room for the sitter
downers among us who want to go for a ride.

Overall weight came in at 4,400 pounds with aluminum trailer and 150
ETEC and a decent price of $44,000 - discounted from $52,000 list
price.

http://www.striperboats.com/models.cfm?model=508

I've often said that center consoles are center consoles are...

The Scout is very stylish and I really liked the overall impression of
size and comfort. They've changed a few things here and there in the
new model, made the lockers a little larger, thinned out the gunwale
for more interior move around room. Still has all the great Scout
features you expect for them. Very nice boat.

Fully loaded - complete electronics suite, T-top, yada, yada, yada the
boat came in just under $57,000 which was discounted, but I don't know
what the list was - I suspect maybe $62,000.

http://www.scoutboats.com/models/242sportfish.html

I looked over some of the new Prolines - man, that's a boat I wouldn't
buy with your money. They've cheapend up a lot of things - very thin
gel coat - you could see the mat right through the gel coat - not
good. The paint was uneven - it looked like little ripples even
though the sides were smooth. Just tapping on the sides gave out a
hollow sound that was scary.

I did get a quick look at a 27' Regulator that had a special Dupont
multi-spectrum paint - very interesting looking. Move around the boat
and the paint went from deep blue to light blue and back again with
some (what I would call) "rainbowing" reflections. Very cool. One of
the reps told me that in the sun, it moves from a light purple through
the blues which must really look interesting.

BRP had their new 300 ETEC available - I was intrigued because it's
exactly the same physical size as my 200 HO. Turns out the 300 is a
3.4 liter engine - mine is 3.3 liters.

The differences are pretty minor - they've changed the oiling system a
little, made a few changes to the physical plant and of course the
honking gearing system - the lower unit in considerable bigger than
the one on my engine.

Other than the usual collection of bubble, go fast boats (saw a Donzi
with twin 900 hp supercharged Mercs on some fancy jet drive system),
ski/wake board and runabouts, there wasn't much new or interesting.
HK HK is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Spent a few hours at the CTMA show at the new Convention Center in
Hartford.

Saw a couple of new model boat introductions - Grady's new 33' center

BRP had their new 300 ETEC available - I was intrigued because it's
exactly the same physical size as my 200 HO. Turns out the 300 is a
3.4 liter engine - mine is 3.3 liters.

The differences are pretty minor - they've changed the oiling system a
little, made a few changes to the physical plant and of course the
honking gearing system - the lower unit in considerable bigger than
the one on my engine.

Another 100 hp out of one tenth of a liter of displacement?

That should prove to be interesting.