Default New "Plate Aluminum' Pilothouse

On Jan 25, 4:32�am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 07:13:11 -0500, hk wrote:
http://aluminumalloyboats.com/viewto...133&highlight=

Smart-looking boat, have seen a couple from this manufacturer in the
Bay, dealer is BOE Marine out of Annapolis. These are very sturdy,
minimal maintenance boats for fishermen.

Pacific extended their Pilot House I think just this year.

I like the Pacific boats. �One of my friends has one - beautiful and
well constructed. �He had his powder coated before installing the
interior - gorgeous.

I'll look and see if I can find my pictures.

We ran a feature article on the Pacific Boats company a couple of
years or so ago. They build them up in Marysville, Wa (about 45
minutes north of Seattle- assuming no traffic jam).

They originally built skiffs for purse seiners. Needed to be *very*
rugged and stand up to daily use and abuse. Now that they have
expanded into pleasure boats, they still build to the same standards.

I'm pleased to hear they are sold back east- I always assumed that
like a lot of regional builders there market was primarily Pacific NW
to include AK.

(Lots of these boats are sold to charter operators in SE AK).

wrote:
[...]

I have seriously considered one more than once. In fact, if my
original Contender wasn't such a deal, I would have bought one.

I spent a very enjoyable couple of hours with the Black Lab guys down
Maine when I was looking into them. At the time, they were buying
hulls from Pacific and selling hulls under the Pacific label with
custom interiors.

I don't think Black Lab makes their own hulls now - I heard that they
are Pacific hulls rebranded under the Black Lab label, but that wasn't
set in stone - for all I know, they are building them on their own
now.

Great boats none the less.

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Lars J wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 07:13:11 -0500, hk wrote:

http://aluminumalloyboats.com/viewto...133&highlight=

Smart-looking boat, have seen a couple from this manufacturer in the
Bay, dealer is BOE Marine out of Annapolis. These are very sturdy,
minimal mainteynance boats for fishermen.
Pacific extended their Pilot House I think just this year.

I like the Pacific boats. One of my friends has one - beautiful and
well constructed. He had his powder coated before installing the
interior - gorgeous.

I'll look and see if I can find my pictures.

I've wondered from time to time how powdercoating holds up on boat
surfaces subject to abrasion. I know I've seen a couple of powdercoated
tee-tops that begin to look a little weary after a couple of years of
being banged into and scratched by gear, fishing rods, et cetera. Sure
looks good when new though.

Painting an aluminum boat? Does that not defeat the main benefit?
/Lars

Well, powdercoating can produce a nice, smooth finish that is attractive.
If it is durable, it should wash off easily.

Chips it one of the problems.

wrote:
[...]

I like the Boulton boats better. Do not have that slab sided look.
http://www.boultonpowerboats.com/explorerseries.htm And may be a little
cheaper.

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 11:15:53 -0800, "CalifBill"
wrote:

I like the Boulton boats better. Do not have that slab sided look.
http://www.boultonpowerboats.com/explorerseries.htm And may be a little
cheaper

I like the looks of this one...

http://www.boultonpowerboats.com/ima...walkthru-9.jpg

wrote:

I like the Boulton boats better. Do not have that slab sided look.
http://www.boultonpowerboats.com/explorerseries.htm And may be a little
cheaper

I like the looks of this one...

http://www.boultonpowerboats.com/ima...walkthru-9.jpg

Not only did he grow up in the boat business, he has a degree in Naval
Architecture.

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:28:04 -0800, "CalifBill"

.. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw4Xh...eature=related