Short Wave Sportfishing Short Wave Sportfishing is offline

Default New "Plate Aluminum' Pilothouse

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 06:51:26 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould
wrote:

On Jan 25, 4:32?am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 07:13:11 -0500, hk wrote:
http://aluminumalloyboats.com/viewto...133&highlight=

Smart-looking boat, have seen a couple from this manufacturer in the
Bay, dealer is BOE Marine out of Annapolis. These are very sturdy,
minimal maintenance boats for fishermen.

Pacific extended their Pilot House I think just this year.

I like the Pacific boats. ?One of my friends has one - beautiful and
well constructed. ?He had his powder coated before installing the
interior - gorgeous.

I'll look and see if I can find my pictures.

We ran a feature article on the Pacific Boats company a couple of
years or so ago. They build them up in Marysville, Wa (about 45
minutes north of Seattle- assuming no traffic jam).

They originally built skiffs for purse seiners. Needed to be *very*
rugged and stand up to daily use and abuse. Now that they have
expanded into pleasure boats, they still build to the same standards.

I'm pleased to hear they are sold back east- I always assumed that
like a lot of regional builders there market was primarily Pacific NW
to include AK.

(Lots of these boats are sold to charter operators in SE AK).

I have seriously considered one more than once. In fact, if my
original Contender wasn't such a deal, I would have bought one.

I spent a very enjoyable couple of hours with the Black Lab guys down
Maine when I was looking into them. At the time, they were buying
hulls from Pacific and selling hulls under the Pacific label with
custom interiors.

I don't think Black Lab makes their own hulls now - I heard that they
are Pacific hulls rebranded under the Black Lab label, but that wasn't
set in stone - for all I know, they are building them on their own
now.

Great boats none the less.