HK HK is offline

Default Bombardier Kills Johnson

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:41:27 -0500, HK wrote:

The Johnson dealer, my father's friend, did have a competitive
advantage. His father owned the sports arena in our city and was also
commissioner of the NBA, so he always had some sports tickets around to
sweeten the deal.

I didn't know that Walter Kennedy owned a marine dealership or an
arena.

Check yer email

"Tim" wrote in message
Chrysler dropped Plymouth, and GM dropped Oldsmobile, I've often
wondered why they kept the Johnson, or Evinrude name around for so
long, seeing FAIK they were the same engines with different cowling.

Because, it is probably hard on you when you lose your Johnson.

Tim Tim is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:22:11 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

wondered why they kept the Johnson, or Evinrude name around for so
long, seeing FAIK they were the same engines with different cowling.

No theiy aren't and haven't been since '99.

Tom, the last 8 years is obviously different then the previous thirty
or so.

But I think from the late 60's until 1999........

On Jan 15, 4:39*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

Chrysler dropped Plymouth, and GM dropped Oldsmobile, I've often
wondered why they kept the Johnson, or Evinrude name around for so
long, seeing FAIK they were the same engines with different cowling.

Because, it is probably hard on you when you lose your Johnson.

Exactly, that would be alot worse than losing your Evinrude!

Tim Tim is offline

Because, it is probably hard on you when you lose your Johnson.

are you saying that if you lose your johnson, you still have a hard
on?

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:39:30 -0800, Calif Bill penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

|"Tim" wrote in message
| Chrysler dropped Plymouth, and GM dropped Oldsmobile, I've often
| wondered why they kept the Johnson, or Evinrude name around for so
| long, seeing FAIK they were the same engines with different cowling.
|

|Because, it is probably hard on you when you lose your Johnson.

That's nothing, Don is stowing his Johnson in his shed this fall and
winter. I hope he winterized it.....

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

My high powered Johnson is always revved up and ready to go. A little cool
weather doesn't stop, it as it warms up to the task very quickly and can
stay in action a very long time without overheating..

On Jan 16, 12:42*pm, Gene Kearns
wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:39:30 -0800, Calif Bill penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

||"Tim" wrote in message

| Chrysler dropped Plymouth, and GM dropped Oldsmobile, I've often
| wondered why they kept the Johnson, or Evinrude name around for so
| long, seeing FAIK they were the same engines with different cowling.
|

|Because, it is probably hard on you when you lose your Johnson.

That's nothing, Don is stowing his Johnson in his shed this fall and
winter. I hope he winterized it.....

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And he has lengthy instructions on just how to winterize it!

"Tim" wrote in message

Because, it is probably hard on you when you lose your Johnson.

are you saying that if you lose your johnson, you still have a hard
on?

Just the opposite.

|"Tim" wrote in message
| Chrysler dropped Plymouth, and GM dropped Oldsmobile, I've often
| wondered why they kept the Johnson, or Evinrude name around for so
| long, seeing FAIK they were the same engines with different cowling.
|

|Because, it is probably hard on you when you lose your Johnson.

That's nothing, Don is stowing his Johnson in his shed this fall and
winter. I hope he winterized it.....

With a Willy Warmer?