Senior Member

Default Yo! Freakin' Minute...

On Jan 13, 10:34*am, HK wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 03:56:12 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 12, 9:06 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
Got plans for one of these handy?

Might be a fun project.

http://www.melonseed.com/html/gunning_dory.html
Sure, piece of cake. *We could build it in a couple of weeks

I have some great offsets from Mystic/Gardner.

================

WOOF WOOF!!! *Want a doggy treat?

Assholish comment. You, Harry, and JimH go well together.
--
John H

"Come on, guys. Lemme see the ball. Hey...guys...."
-John H.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that Herring the Drooler posts one of his
snarky little remarks about almost every post I put up here, all the
time denying he is acting just like a snarky little asshole.

I suppose if I were a mustered out, toothless, deaf old fart with
nothing to live for but the lives of my grandchildren, I would be just
like Herring. Except, if I were, I'd take myself out.- Hide quoted text -

You had better hope so, cause if J and I stop responding to you and
Joe, you will only have each other to talk to. Of course if one of you
is a sock puppet, which I highly suspect, you would be alone here
too..;(
HK HK is offline

wrote:
wrote:
[...]

If Herring is responding to me, he is wasting what little time he has
left on earth, because I don't read his crap. Same with ReggieReTurdo
and some others.

I read your posts for the moment because, well, I have long been a
student of deviant personalities, and I know you, unlike Herring,
ReggieReTudo, Dan, and some others, actually know something about small
boats. :}

Senior Member

On Jan 13, 11:00*am, HK wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
[...]

boats. :}- Hide quoted text -

Awwwww, your a real pal.
BAR BAR is offline

HK wrote:

If Herring is responding to me, he is wasting what little time he has
left on earth, because I don't read his crap. Same with ReggieReTurdo
and some others.

I read your posts for the moment because, well, I have long been a
student of deviant personalities, and I know you, unlike Herring,
ReggieReTudo, Dan, and some others, actually know something about small
boats. :}

You claim to be a "student of deviant personalities", I can believe that
because you appear to be seeking answer to why you have have this
psychological affliction.

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:34:40 -0500, HK wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the reminder, Harry. I've got to clean the hearing aids today.

You are such a cool guy!
--
John H

HK HK is offline

BAR wrote:
HK wrote:

If Herring is responding to me, he is wasting what little time he has
left on earth, because I don't read his crap. Same with ReggieReTurdo
and some others.

I read your posts for the moment because, well, I have long been a
student of deviant personalities, and I know you, unlike Herring,
ReggieReTudo, Dan, and some others, actually know something about
small boats. :}

You claim to be a "student of deviant personalities", I can believe that
because you appear to be seeking answer to why you have have this
psychological affliction.

I read some of your posts to remind me what is wrong with the Republican
Party. It's full of selfish, "f*ck you, I've got mine" retards. Just
like you.
BAR BAR is offline

HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:

If Herring is responding to me, he is wasting what little time he has
left on earth, because I don't read his crap. Same with ReggieReTurdo
and some others.

I read your posts for the moment because, well, I have long been a
student of deviant personalities, and I know you, unlike Herring,
ReggieReTudo, Dan, and some others, actually know something about
small boats. :}

You claim to be a "student of deviant personalities", I can believe
that because you appear to be seeking answer to why you have have this
psychological affliction.

I read some of your posts to remind me what is wrong with the Republican
Party. It's full of selfish, "f*ck you, I've got mine" retards. Just
like you.

Come Harry open up the dossier you have on me and pull out the
charitable contributions page and look at what we contribute and how we
contribute to charities.

HK HK is offline

BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:

[...]

Sorry, Bozo, but I have no idea what you claim to give to what you
consider charity, nor do I care.
Senior Member

On Jan 13, 12:09*pm, HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:
BAR wrote:
HK wrote:

[...]

consider charity, nor do I care.- Hide quoted text -

So anyway Harry, let's get this turned around. I remember SW talking
about building a Dory. What do you like better for an off shore
rowboat, a double ender, or a keystone? Why? Does it matter really if
it is mostly out of the water. One advantage of course is the ability
to skull in the event of equipment loss or failure, maybe a little
lift in a following sea. Anyway, if we are going to do a nice
"traditional" dory I think sawn or bent frames, wood not composite,
same with the hull sides although I see no reason not to go with a
composite bottom to avoid planking. Of course I could make a plank
composite that would look traditional, but not leak Anyway, if we
are going to build a real dory, I would like to use real wood for the
strakes and topsides. In fact if SW starts talking about oar locks and
other fancy schmancy stuff, I just might sneak up and paint on some
"nose art" on the bow for him... Theol pins (spelling?) even if I
can't spell it, or you might as well just.. oh well, any comments,
anyone??

On Jan 12, 11:42*pm, wrote:
On Jan 12, 10:56*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 19:46:50 -0800 (PST),

wrote:
On Jan 12, 9:54*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:37:02 -0800 (PST),

wrote:
Got plans for one of these handy?

Might be a fun project.

http://www.melonseed.com/html/gunning_dory.html

Sure, piece of cake. *We could build it in a couple of weeks

I have some great offsets from Mystic/Gardner.

It's actually a Cunningham design, but I won't quibble. *Gardner did a
nice job keeping the design alive.

We can build it in my basement.

It's heated. *:)

Totally old school, or hybred with new technology?

I'll give you a call tomorrow.

I'm leaning towards hybrid.

Although old school would be fun.- Hide quoted text -

We can do a hybred that looks and feels like old school. That pine of
yours can be used if we laminate frames anyway, or steam bend, either
one is ok. If you like the Cunninham lines, get ahold of *the offsets
and we can adjust accordingly. The dory I am thinking of is Gardners
Marblehead Gunning Dory, it is an 18 footer iirc. If we are doing
traditional dories, I will be wanting to do a Chamberlin sailing semi
next to it- Hide quoted text -

You won't be able to do it as good as Harry, and you know it, so why
even try? Harry's probably already done a hundred or so variations of
the same boat, just ask him.