Default You Californians...

"Tim" wrote in message
On Dec 17, 6:34 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:27:41 -0800 (PST),

wrote:
On Dec 17, 5:58 pm, " JimH" ask wrote:
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in
messagenews:evudm31fn4hm96fm12ur5svv4gecg3s19n@4ax .com...

have got to get control of your government.

http://www.kcbs.com/SF-Considers-a-T...ffeine/1348719

And more insanity from the land of the fruit cakes:

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/san..._nanny_staters...

Ban burning wood in fireplaces? What's next, banning cooking
hamburgers on
a charcoal grill?

Dodn't know totally sure or not, but from what I gather, Illinois just
passed an anti-smoking bill to ban smoking in all business as of
1-1-08

We'll meet them and raise...
Nova Scotia will ban smoking in a vehicle if children under the age of 18
years are present....... that's right, your own personal vehicle.
Now neighbouring province , New Brunswick, is thinking of doing the same.
http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/Search/998534.html

On Dec 18, 2:16 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in messagenews:il5em3t6clatv1hjta59nja5oq5mk7gohi@4ax .com...

I discussed this with Tim - all my guitars, with the exception of the
'66 Strat, have wider than normal necks and I'm finding it difficult
to play as more nodes appear in the fingers.

The Strat is worth some bucks, so I generally don't play it - same
thing with my autographed Country Gentleman.

Thus, switching over to bass.

Speaking of guitars, I just spent an hour or so goofing around playing my
Taylor acoustic through the Leslie speaker system. Nice sound. The Taylor
has the new acoustic type pickup that has a distinctive sound and the Leslie
adds a unique touch when you hit the foot pedal to spin the horn.

Eisboch

I'd like to play around with that! I'm always looking for unique
sounds. I've got a fun area set up in my bar in the basement, lots of
percussion stuff like bongos, triangles, etc. plus all of my guitar
stuff.

"BAR" wrote in message
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:32:22 -0800, "Calif Bill"

have got to get control of your government.

http://www.kcbs.com/SF-Considers-a-T...ffeine/1348719
I think it is impossible to get them under control. They have raised
spending 40% in the last 4 years, and we tossed the last Governor cause
he allowed spending to increase 39% under his 4 year watch. But the
Legislature keeps the spendthrifts in power as the control the
Gerrymandering.

It's called revolution. After all, didn't you guys initiate the tax
revolution with Proposition 13? :)

Prop 13 gutted the Calif. schools. Turned them from some of the best to
the worst in the nation.

It did not. The schools get about 50 % of the state tax revenue. The
Federal Dept. of Education and the state dept. of education changed the
schools. Elementary only gets one hour of science a week. The feel good
education and no child failed for not passing the class. That is what is
the worst.