Default 720p vs 1080p

A few weeks ago, someone asked about the difference between 720p and
1080p HDTV. CNET has an article discussing the differences and gives
the authors recommendations.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-...ml?tag=nl.e497

He states that this is the final word. Somehow, I just don't think
this will not be the final word. You heard it here first.

What I think is interesting, when my wife and I were looking at the 50"
720 vs 1080, she actually preferred the 720p I preferred the 1080p. We
both preferred the plasma vs LCD.

jamesgangnc wrote:
I thinlk there are questions about the life expectancy of plasma sets.

"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
. ..
A few weeks ago, someone asked about the difference between 720p and 1080p
HDTV. CNET has an article discussing the differences and gives the authors
recommendations.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-...ml?tag=nl.e497

He states that this is the final word. Somehow, I just don't think this
will not be the final word. You heard it here first.

What I think is interesting, when my wife and I were looking at the 50"
720 vs 1080, she actually preferred the 720p I preferred the 1080p. We
both preferred the plasma vs LCD.

JamesG,
This was a problem when Plasma original came out. Today, with
improvement, they expect the plasma to last 60,000 hrs., longer than a
CRT TV. I think that means it will be the last TV I buy.

"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
. ..
A few weeks ago, someone asked about the difference between 720p and 1080p
HDTV. CNET has an article discussing the differences and gives the authors
recommendations.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-...ml?tag=nl.e497

He states that this is the final word. Somehow, I just don't think this
will not be the final word. You heard it here first.

What I think is interesting, when my wife and I were looking at the 50"
720 vs 1080, she actually preferred the 720p I preferred the 1080p. We
both preferred the plasma vs LCD.

Go for what looks best to you.

1080p is better in pixel definition but if the matrix is of poor quality it
may not look as good as 720p. Your eyeballs are the best judge here.

Also make sure they feed the same signal into both when comparing. A trick
they often play is feed a good signal into what they want to sell, the
higher profit lower quality one. Don't fall for this. Make sure they feed
them both with the same signal. I prefer cable TV on the same channel when
comparing.

I almost always prefer LCD today.

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 07:19:09 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

A few weeks ago, someone asked about the difference between 720p and
1080p HDTV. CNET has an article discussing the differences and gives
the authors recommendations.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-...ml?tag=nl.e497

He states that this is the final word. Somehow, I just don't think
this will not be the final word. You heard it here first.

What I think is interesting, when my wife and I were looking at the 50"
720 vs 1080, she actually preferred the 720p I preferred the 1080p. We
both preferred the plasma vs LCD.

I spent a couple hours in Best Buy with son-in-law as he was shopping for a
new HDTV. We compared a lot of LCD to Plasma TV's and I've decided I like
LCD better.

Bought this one for the wife for Christmas - to use in the bedroom.

http://tinyurl.com/2ldpnm

She best like it.
--
John H

HK HK is offline

wrote:

A few weeks ago, someone asked about the difference between 720p and
1080p HDTV. CNET has an article discussing the differences and gives
the authors recommendations.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-...ml?tag=nl.e497

He states that this is the final word. Somehow, I just don't think
this will not be the final word. You heard it here first.

What I think is interesting, when my wife and I were looking at the 50"
720 vs 1080, she actually preferred the 720p I preferred the 1080p. We
both preferred the plasma vs LCD.

I spent a couple hours in Best Buy with son-in-law as he was shopping for a
new HDTV. We compared a lot of LCD to Plasma TV's and I've decided I like
LCD better.

Bought this one for the wife for Christmas - to use in the bedroom.

http://tinyurl.com/2ldpnm

She best like it.

Is that the best entertainment you can provide your wife in the bedroom?

wrote:

A few weeks ago, someone asked about the difference between 720p and
1080p HDTV. CNET has an article discussing the differences and gives
the authors recommendations.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-...ml?tag=nl.e497

He states that this is the final word. Somehow, I just don't think
this will not be the final word. You heard it here first.

What I think is interesting, when my wife and I were looking at the 50"
720 vs 1080, she actually preferred the 720p I preferred the 1080p. We
both preferred the plasma vs LCD.

I spent a couple hours in Best Buy with son-in-law as he was shopping for a
new HDTV. We compared a lot of LCD to Plasma TV's and I've decided I like
LCD better.

Bought this one for the wife for Christmas - to use in the bedroom.

http://tinyurl.com/2ldpnm

She best like it.

I think I like the "blacks" better with HDTV, it makes the colors "pop",
but when I was in the store, I noticed everyone had their own
preferences.

My wife won't let a TV in the bedroom. I think that must be because I
am such a stud, she doesn't want anything to distract me.

wrote:

[...]

How nice. It is not like you will get to enjoy it.

Do you buy her vacuum cleaners for her birthday?

LOL, I purchased something like a vacuum cleaner for her once. You only
make that mistake once.

On the other hand, if we were in the market for a TV, she would enjoy a
nice 50" to go over the fireplace as a Christmas present. It would free
up the large cabinet we currently have for our 37" CRT, and give her all
new decorating possibilities, so she would enjoy it.

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:23:36 -0500, " JimH" ask wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Have I done something to **** you off, JimH?

Have I not said enough about our Marine?

--
John H