Default 17'runabout construction pictures

Hi Guys,

If anyone is interested I just finished putting fifty pictures on my website
of the runabout construction.

www.resourcecreations.biz just click on the boat on the home page and again
in the gallery.

If anyone want more detailed pictures I would be happy to e-mail directly to
you. I have over five hundred pictures of the construction in hi res pics.

Tom

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 02:21:22 GMT, "Delburt D"
wrote:

Hi Guys,

If anyone is interested I just finished putting fifty pictures on my website
of the runabout construction.

www.resourcecreations.biz just click on the boat on the home page and again
in the gallery.

If anyone want more detailed pictures I would be happy to e-mail directly to
you. I have over five hundred pictures of the construction in hi res pics.

Tom

Nice job, really nice.

wrote:

Hi Guys,

If anyone is interested I just finished putting fifty pictures on my website
of the runabout construction.

www.resourcecreations.biz just click on the boat on the home page and again
in the gallery.

If anyone want more detailed pictures I would be happy to e-mail directly to
you. I have over five hundred pictures of the construction in hi res pics.

Gorgeous.

Even think of detailing the process and sending an article to Wooden
Boat Magazine?

wrote:

Hi Guys,

If anyone is interested I just finished putting fifty pictures on my website
of the runabout construction.

www.resourcecreations.biz just click on the boat on the home page and again
in the gallery.

If anyone want more detailed pictures I would be happy to e-mail directly to
you. I have over five hundred pictures of the construction in hi res pics.

Tom

That was spectacular, both the boat and the presentation. I'm not a boat
builder, and probably never will be unless I move next door to someone like
you. But you showed and told a good story there.

I envy the joy you must have had working with a son and good friend putting
that thing together.

The photos did a great job of telling the story and showing the detail of
the process. Kudos to whoever took the pictures - you, I assume.

Lastly, I was impressed with what appeared to be your home built sound
system!
--
John H

wrote:

[...]

The construction of this boat involved a total of six people at various
times. During planking we had four sets of hands on site. My shop while
being fairly large was designed for one person full time or maybe two
occasionally. Add a 17' boat and things tended to get a little cramped.

All in all the experiance was a very positive one even as the projected
construction schedule pushed out again and again. Until you have built one
of these boats there is no way to estimate what it takes. At the end of
every day I would just stand a look for a few minutes trying to visualize
the end result, a vision that got easier with each passing day.

I have built huge curved free standing stair cases and many large and
complex feature details in many high end homes in our area, but none of that
compares to building a boat of this caliber.

All the original picture were shot with a Sony DSC-H1 digital camera in the
highest resolution which I then copied and resized to obtain the web pics.

Years ago I worked for a spin off company that was developing a new speaker
system. When I went to work for these guys I had not seen the synopsis from
the two "engineers" that had developed the radical new system. After
several months working with the group, most of which had no audio expertise,
I was able to read this now infamous document. To keep it very short, they
made the following statement. " We have found a way to cheat the laws of
physics to achieve a sound quality that far surpasses anything on the market
today". My first impression was. WHAT!!!!! The laws of physics are just
that laws!! They cannot be cheated or fudged or manipulated. Anyway my
tenure with the company was short lived as the product as designed required
a driver that was so expensive that a comparable pair of Advent book shelf
speakers out performed these monsters. We built them out of black walnut
veneered high density particle board and the boxes were beautiful but
sounded like crap. The off shoot of all this is I learned how to build
speaker systems right and got all the drivers I needed to build these
monsters.

The Sony receiver I originally crapped out recently and I found a Harmon
Kardon factory recon unit to replace it. Huge difference in sound quality.
The HK out performs the Sony by leaps and bounds.

Tom

"Delburt D" wrote in message

I have built huge curved free standing stair cases and many large and
complex feature details in many high end homes in our area,

I would be MOST interested to see some photos of your staircases!!!!

The boat is amazing.

cof42- AT - embarqmail.com

Don

"D-unit" cof42_AT_embarqmail.com wrote in message

"Delburt D" wrote in message

I have built huge curved free standing stair cases and many large and
complex feature details in many high end homes in our area,

I would be MOST interested to see some photos of your staircases!!!!

The boat is amazing.

cof42- AT - embarqmail.com

Don

When I built the big curved staircase years ago all that was available were
the old film cameras. I shot about twenty pictures of the project when
completed and left the job site. It took a week to get film processed way
back then. When I got my film back there were no pictures at all. My own
camera was being repaired and the loaner pentax they gave me had an issue
with the film advance so I had no pictures at all. About four weeks later I
got my Yashica 35 mm back tested it on some mundane subjects and satisfied
that it was working well contacted the builder to see if I could make
arrangements to take more pictures. I was floored when I was told they had
a huge fire and the home was totally gutted. It seems the home owner was a
bit of a hobby mechanic and he was working in one of his jalopy's when a
parts run became necessary. He had not noticed that the electric fuel pump
just installed was dripping gasoline from the tank side fitting. The house
was up in the rural hills west of Portland and his favorite parts store
about 45 min away. Well as most of us do he started to shoot the breeze
with some of his cohorts. All the while gas was dripping and building up
vapor in the garage. Unfortunately the house was heated by an oil furnace
located, you guessed it in the garage right next to the vehicle he had been
working on. I think the rest of the story is self explanatory. Several
hours later he arrived home to find several fire trucks and a structure
engulfed in flames.

Bummer Huh? He could have at least waited to burn it down until after I had
taken some pictures.

Tom

"Delburt D" wrote in message

[...]

Of all the nerve...

Im sure it broke your heart (in a way) when you first learned about it.

I hate to sell houses I've worked on for 4-6 months. When I meet prospective
buyers, Im in effect interviewing them and deciding whether I want them
to have the house or not.

My Dad is a great cabinet builder and carpenter. He once said he
would jump at the chance to be Norm's helper. Im no where near as
skilled as he but I'd love to start a project like that sometime. I wish I had
the time/skill/patience for it.

db

On Dec 11, 9:21 pm, "Delburt D" wrote:
Hi Guys,

If anyone is interested I just finished putting fifty pictures on my website
of the runabout construction.

www.resourcecreations.biz just click on the boat on the home page and again
in the gallery.

If anyone want more detailed pictures I would be happy to e-mail directly to
you. I have over five hundred pictures of the construction in hi res pics.

Tom

Very nice job!

Hard Bimini Construction? Foam & Resin Construction? Glenn \(s/v Seawing\)[_3_] Cruising 26 September 29th 07 02:45 AM
Foam Construction? Davej General 0 July 20th 07 12:42 AM
One-Off Construction? (PeteCresswell) General 2 February 21st 06 12:52 AM
The re-construction? Don White General 14 September 8th 05 01:31 PM
Hull Construction Shirley Tremblay General 1 July 15th 04 08:20 PM