Default One-gallon oil spill generates $$$$$$$$ response

Cna't eat anchovies either.

Love anchovies. But they don't always love me.

When I was dieting last winter I'd have anchovies on crackers once or twice
a week.
Nobody visited me all winter.

Eisboch

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:00:50 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

I don't care for the big, giant suckers that some offer.

http://www.chowhound.com/topics/301342

Bait.

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:44:49 -0400, "Don White"
wrote:

We always had sardines at home as a kid.

Well you are Canadian.

...and a Maritimer to boot!

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:00:50 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

I don't care for the big, giant suckers that some offer.

http://www.chowhound.com/topics/301342

Bait.

LOL.

Tasty bait, though.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in message
"Larry" wrote in message

There was no cleanup. The river current must have washed it into
the harbor.....eventually....or the marsh grass collected it all
before it got there.

I like sardines in olive oil. I put them on crackers with cheese and pig
out.

I always feel guilty draining the excess oil from the tin down the boat's
kitchen sink because it causes an oil slick.
Fortunately, nobody has reported me yet.

Eisboch

We always had sardines at home as a kid.
http://www.brunswick.ca/brunswick/us...swickstory.asp

On our Sandpiper 565 Rendezvous in August, one of the guys brought three
or four cans . One was packed in oil, another mustard, and a third
ketchup.
The joke was for everyone to down a sardine from each can. I passed...

I've tried different types ... usually by accident .... but my favorite is
still the standard King Oscar (Norway) in olive oil. I've tried the spring
water packed and the Mediterranean style , but the plain old olive oil is
best, to me.

I don't care for the big, giant suckers that some offer.

http://www.chowhound.com/topics/301342

Eisboch

My wife used ot love sardines. I finally had to put my foot down and
tell her it was either the sardines or me. They really do stink.

wrote:

We always had sardines at home as a kid.

Well you are Canadian.

I remember buying 3 very large sardines in a wooden box with a jute string
handle. The sardines were iced and covered with sawdust. Was $1.00. Used
as bait at the Berkeley Pier.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Cna't eat anchovies either.

Love anchovies. But they don't always love me.

When I was dieting last winter I'd have anchovies on crackers once or
twice a week.
Nobody visited me all winter.

Eisboch

I do not like canned chovies, but while in Italy a couple of years ago, we
were served fresh caught, fried anchovies. Very good, no fishy taste to
them.

wrote:

We always had sardines at home as a kid.

Well you are Canadian.

I remember buying 3 very large sardines in a wooden box with a jute string
handle. �The sardines were iced and covered with sawdust. �Was $1.00. �Used
as bait at the Berkeley Pier.

Takes one stupid fish to bite on frozen bait presented in a box of
sawdust. :-)

"Eisboch" wrote in
:

I've tried different types ... usually by accident .... but my
favorite is still the standard King Oscar (Norway) in olive

oil. I've
tried the spring water packed and the Mediterranean style , but

the
plain old olive oil is best, to me.

The olive oil sticks to the fish better'n water and hides the
smell of rotting fish much better. I can understand why you like
them better...(c;

When I was a young sailor, I used to take advantage of the free
medical service and visited sick bay for a seasick pill refill
every time the ship was going to sea, and paid dearly for it in
being doggedly poked fun at in the shop..."Not a real man" and
all that macho crap.

I longed for it to be rough as hell 30 miles offshore of
Charleston, throwing you against the bulkheads as you made your
way to the EMPTY messdecks. The macho men weren't interested
much in eating as their sheet metal trays passed back and forth
in front of their seasick asses.

I kept case stocks of the smelliest sardines in Navy Supply in my
workbench in the cal lab to celebrate being poked fun at. I was
immune with the drug load I'd started 3 days before we
left....hee hee. Ah, to sit strapped in your custom shop stool
locked to the workbench, eating cans of greasy sardines while
those *******s that made your life miserable puked up their guts
over the rail, calling "RALPH!! RALPH!!"

PRICELESS.....(c;
Some of the best cans were left over from World War II!

Larry
--
Merry Christmas!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qi_NhFS4xEE

wrote:

We always had sardines at home as a kid.

Well you are Canadian.

Coulda been worse. He could have been from Minnesota eating
Lutefiske!

Larry
--
Merry Christmas!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qi_NhFS4xEE

OIL SPILL ON SAN FRANCISCO BAY [email protected] General 1 November 12th 07 11:34 PM
Oil spill in SF [email protected] ASA 1 November 12th 07 06:27 AM
San francisco oil spill [email protected] Cruising 0 November 12th 07 05:07 AM
SF bay oil spill update Capt. JG Cruising 2 November 10th 07 05:07 PM
Delaware River Spill Armond Perretta Cruising 7 December 8th 04 02:55 AM