Default UN: Poor Need $86 Billion in Climate Aid

"The development panel says the greatest financial responsibility lies with
the U.S. and other rich nations most responsible for the accumulating carbon
dioxide and other heat-trapping gases in the atmosphere, mainly from man's
burning of coal, oil and other fossil fuels."

"We're suggesting 1.6 percent of (global) GDP - still very affordable,"
Kjorven said. "The countries of the world that are the principal culprits,
if you wish, for creating this problem in the first place need to act
strongly to safeguard the future of those that have done nothing to cause
this problem but are the most vulnerable."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...5_wKAD8T664JO0

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:19:59 -0500, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:45:34 GMT, BillP penned the following whining
about global phenomena, that causes him the anxiety of cognitive
dissonance, to the readers of rec.boats:

"The development panel says the greatest financial responsibility lies with
the U.S. and other rich nations most responsible for the accumulating carbon
dioxide and other heat-trapping gases in the atmosphere, mainly from man's
burning of coal, oil and other fossil fuels.............."

BFD.

Now, the well heeled of NC, those that can afford a cool 1mil plus of
land bordered on at least one side by salt water, have finally
realized that this global warming stuff may actually hit them in
*their* pocketbook.
http://www.starnewsonline.com/apps/p...5&source=email

http://www.newsobserver.com/2660/story/589840.html

Look for the first admission of the existence of global warming, from
the detractors, to come from those subject to the smackdown from
actuarial tables......

They can get a lot of sand from all the bunkers in those damned NC golf
courses. Some of them are ridiculous, especially Tanglewood.

"Scientists predict that the buildup of carbon dioxide gas in the
atmosphere will lead to higher global temperatures. That warming will cause
seas to rise faster and increase erosion driven by storms." (from your
second site)

Those guys must not have seen the 'hidden chart'.
--
John H

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
[...]

"Mallinson said that about 130,000 years ago, the shoreline was about where
it is today. Then, polar regions grew significantly warmer for an extended
period. Sea level rose 15 to 20 feet. All or parts of a dozen counties of
present-day Eastern North Carolina were submerged, making areas of Gates and
Washington counties beachfront."

"Some evidence suggests it rose fairly rapidly up to the Suffolk shoreline,"
said Mallinson, a geologist at East Carolina University. "That is what we
think may be beginning to happen today."

See a pattern?

*their* pocketbook.http://www.starnewsonline.com/apps/p...=2007711260345...

http://www.newsobserver.com/2660/story/589840.html

Look for the first admission of the existence of global warming, from
the detractors, to come from those subject to the smackdown from
actuarial tables......

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Gene how dare you use facts in this debate. You know global warming
isn't happening because two people have said so, Shortwave and GWB!

wrote in message
On Nov 27, 2:19 pm, Gene Kearns

Gene how dare you use facts in this debate. You know global warming
isn't happening because two people have said so, Shortwave and GWB!

I'm pretty sure neither of us ever said global warming wasn't happening, but
don't let that little *fact* get in the way, ok?

HK wrote:
wrote:

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's
Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Gene how dare you use facts in this debate. You know global warming
isn't happening because two people have said so, Shortwave and GWB!

Last night I listened to one of the most obnoxious guy on the radio
for less than 5 min. Hannity was carrying on about the global temp
had only increased one degree in the last hundred years. Is there a
base of historical data that both the believers and detractors can
agree upon?

You listen to Sean Hannity? Well, that explains a lot.

He was on the radio when I started my car. He was screaming about
everything, and it was like a car accident, I couldn't turn it off.

Have you ever listened to talk radio?

Only on NPR, never on Faux or any stations that carry Faux feeds.

The only "talk radio" show I listen to with any regularity is the Diane
Rehm Show, which is probably the best talk radio show out there.

I don't think I have ever heard talk radio I would actually plan on
listening, even though Hannity tells everyone all he asks for is "3
hours a day, everyday". I have enjoyed many of the in depth interviews
or subject reviews on NPR, but I only hear it if I happen to be in the
car and I happen to hit the button for NPR. I only listen to NPR, if I
plan on driving for a long time. Normally I don't bother to change the
channel and it stays on the station that provides the best traffic
updates. Last night, I had to change the channel.