HK HK is offline

Default A little more on the Parker 34...

JimH wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 18:19:42 -0500, HK wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:19:04 -0500, HK wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 12:20:19 -0500, HK wrote:

The Parker 34 is targeted for the 2008 Model year. The plug for the
hull
is almost complete.

Parker is anticipating a large galley and table up in the pilot
house.

In addition to the vee-berth in the bow, there will be a berth in the
"aft cabin area", which means the sole of the pilothouse is elevated
enough to allow a aft-facing berth tucked in under.

The plan is for a separate enclosed head, with hot and cold
pressurized
water for a shower. A compartment will be available aft for a
generator,
if so optioned.

The Parker 34 will have a 12 foot beam. Power comes from twin Yamaha
350s. When asked how they will be attached, transom or bracket, the
response was "an integrated bracket," but not a euro-transom. Thank
goodness for that.

Hang on, Tom...your boat is coming.
A bracket is a bracket is a bracket - integrated or not.

And, for the record, I wouldn't buy a pilot house boat if it was your
money I was using.

In particular a Parker.

With Yamahas...
I prefer the brackets to the eurotransoms myself.
Of course you do - it's what you own.

I like the eurotransom on my boat - makes it look lean, mean and fast.

Which, at it happens, is true. :)

I do? My outboard boat does not have a bracket. The engine is bolted
right to the transom, which is what I prefer on small outboard boats.
The Parker I sold had a full width bracket/swim/boarding platform,
which, on that boat, was a great feature.

Did you see the last article Chuck wrote? Wow, that boat sure puts Parkers
to shame, don't you think?
--
John H

There you go again.

And it demonstrates Herring knows nothing about boats. The two boat
lines are completely different in design, purpose, and intended waters.
Plus the west coast boat has the worst possible propulsion system - I/O's.

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 12:20:19 -0500, HK wrote:

The Parker 34 will have a 12 foot beam. Power comes from twin Yamaha
350s. When asked how they will be attached, transom or bracket, the
response was "an integrated bracket," but not a euro-transom. Thank
goodness for that.

Doesn't matter how they are attached, outboards on a boat that size is
just plain nutz.
HK HK is offline

Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 12:20:19 -0500, HK wrote:

The Parker 34 will have a 12 foot beam. Power comes from twin Yamaha
350s. When asked how they will be attached, transom or bracket, the
response was "an integrated bracket," but not a euro-transom. Thank
goodness for that.

Doesn't matter how they are attached, outboards on a boat that size is
just plain nutz.

I agree. A nice keel and a diesel inboard would be better.

On Nov 24, 7:01 pm, HK wrote:
Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 12:20:19 -0500, HK wrote:

The Parker 34 will have a 12 foot beam. Power comes from twin Yamaha
350s. When asked how they will be attached, transom or bracket, the
response was "an integrated bracket," but not a euro-transom. Thank
goodness for that.

Doesn't matter how they are attached, outboards on a boat that size is
just plain nutz.

I agree. A nice keel and a diesel inboard would be better.

You'd need quite the electric trolling motor to fish with that thing.

On Nov 24, 10:05�am, HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

On Nov 24, 9:20 am, HK wrote:

The Parker 34 is targeted for the 2008 Model year. The plug for the hull
is almost complete.

Sounds a lot like one of our local boats, except the local boat is a
sterndrive, not an outboard model.

http://www.islandsmarinecenter.com/i...islandsmarinec...

Not too shabby. �I like it.

Eisboch

I do,too, but for the I/O's. Blech. I/O's.- Hide quoted text -

I believe they will build you an inboard, with V drives, if
desired. :-)

They might even adapt a hull for outboards, if you don't mind trying
to fish around a couple of big engines hanging off the back of the
boat.

This is a small and versatile company, there is no "one size fits all"
philosophy in place.

HK HK is offline

Chuck Gould wrote:
On Nov 24, 9:20 am, HK wrote:
The Parker 34 is targeted for the 2008 Model year. The plug for the hull
is almost complete.
Sounds a lot like one of our local boats, except the local boat is a
sterndrive, not an outboard model.
http://www.islandsmarinecenter.com/i...islandsmarinec...
Not too shabby. �I like it.
Eisboch

I do,too, but for the I/O's. Blech. I/O's.- Hide quoted text -

I believe they will build you an inboard, with V drives, if
desired. :-)

They might even adapt a hull for outboards, if you don't mind trying
to fish around a couple of big engines hanging off the back of the
boat.

This is a small and versatile company, there is no "one size fits all"
philosophy in place.

I was thinking vee drives, actually, would be a big improvement over
outdrives. It's a really nice boat.

The 51' Parker Chuck Gould General 1 August 19th 06 10:06 AM
Proper Parker Skipper General 0 February 20th 06 02:34 PM
Parker Death Trap akheel General 7 September 29th 03 06:19 PM