Default Support the troops

JimH wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
Something cool that Xerox is doing ... Please take a moment to go to the
website below and pick out a thank you card for our Troops. We've got
tons
to be thankful for during the holiday season. Wouldn't it be wonderful of
each of our soldiers (and Marines, of course) received a bunch of these???

If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank
you card. Then Xerox will print it and send it to a soldier
currently serving in Iraq .

You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed
services.

Have a super day!

I guess I missed your comments in the "My Marine" supporting my son and his
accomplishment.

Does your son read rec.boats while he is in training?

JimH wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
Something cool that Xerox is doing ... Please take a moment to go to the
website below and pick out a thank you card for our Troops. We've got
tons
to be thankful for during the holiday season. Wouldn't it be wonderful of
each of our soldiers (and Marines, of course) received a bunch of these???

If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank
you card. Then Xerox will print it and send it to a soldier
currently serving in Iraq .

You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed
services.

Have a super day!

I guess I missed your comments in the "My Marine" supporting my son and his
accomplishment.

Oh, sorry, I just remembered he is not in training now. Does he read
rec.boats while he is on leave?

JimH wrote:
Something cool that Xerox is doing ... Please take a moment to go to the
website below and pick out a thank you card for our Troops. We've got
tons
to be thankful for during the holiday season. Wouldn't it be wonderful
of
each of our soldiers (and Marines, of course) received a bunch of
these???

If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a
thank
you card. Then Xerox will print it and send it to a soldier
currently serving in Iraq .

You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the
armed
services.

Have a super day!

So what is your point?

My point is that the "Support the Troops" concept is one where the
troops can actually read a personalized card of support. It really is a
great idea, one I would think you would readily endorse.
Someone sent me that link a week or so ago, and I sent a few and then
did a general distribution to people in my email. I have it set up as
my home page, so I will fill out a new one every time I log on. As
nice as you passing along the words of support are to your son and
friends, an actually card is nice also and if we get enough people to do
it, will impact even more than your son and friends.

www.LetsSayThanks.com

ps - I would recommend you tell your son that everyone you know,
including those in rec.boats pass along their prayers and Godspeed.
That way you have covered your verbal pass along and then you can fill
out the "www.letsaythanks.com", so more soldiers will get warm words of
support during the holiday season.

HK HK is offline

Reginald Smithers III wrote:
JimH wrote:
[...]

The only support the troops concept that matters is to work to get them
the hell out of Iraq.

HK wrote:

The only support the troops concept that matters is to work to get them
the hell out of Iraq.

Harry,

I agree with you, but for the guy/girl in Iraq this holiday season, (I
am including Christians, Jews and Muslims and whomever else) a card can
be heart warming Thanks. Keep up your work to get them out of Iraq, but
it should not impact on you or anyone using:

www.LetsSayThanks.com

JimH wrote:
"Reginald Smithers III" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
[...]

Nice snip Jim/Reggie. Why did you snip the following from my post:

"As Tom knows, I pass along the support shown to our troops here to my son
and the other Marines I personally know.

I have yet to read any support from you or John to my son in the "Our
Marine" thread."

'nuff said.

I have never known anyone who needs more stroking than you. I hope your
son got his spine from his mom's side of the family, or he will be in a
world of hurt in the Marines.

Senior Member

JimH wrote:
[...]

the hell out of Iraq.- Hide quoted text -

"F" you, you are the last person to tell us what someone serving their
country would want. I don't think someone like you could even really
understand why someone would serve in the first place...

JimH wrote:
[...]

I am proud of my Marine and his accomplishment, just as John is of his
daughters. The fact that you cannot look beyond a personal grudge with me
and did not post any congrats to him is very telling Jim/Reggie. Too bad.
It speaks loudly of just the type of person you are.

If I told you I posted the following:

I can't imagine how I would feel if a child of mine was in a similar
situation. It really doesn't matter who the person is, I wish them god
speed and in general a quick resolution in Mess O'Potamia.

would you humble ask for my forgiveness?

JimH wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
Something cool that Xerox is doing ... Please take a moment to go to the
website below and pick out a thank you card for our Troops. We've got
tons
to be thankful for during the holiday season. Wouldn't it be wonderful of
each of our soldiers (and Marines, of course) received a bunch of these???

If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank
you card. Then Xerox will print it and send it to a soldier
currently serving in Iraq .

You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed
services.

Have a super day!

I guess I missed your comments in the "My Marine" supporting my son and his
accomplishment.

Please check the thread again, you missed mine.

Support the Troops Joe ASA 25 June 6th 07 03:56 PM
Support the Troops Scotty ASA 3 June 5th 07 09:06 PM
Support the Troops Steve Leyland ASA 0 June 5th 07 01:38 AM