Default Political correctness at work

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115...ristmasoffbeat

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115...ristmasoffbeat

Eisboch

An effective response to any silly actions that errode Christmas traditions
might be to boycott stores the Christmas period. If enough people did that
for one year.... the business community would make sure things straightened
out.

On Nov 15, 6:27�am, "Don White" wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message

...http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115...yleaustraliach...

Eisboch

An effective response to any silly actions that errode Christmas traditions
might be to boycott stores the Christmas period. �If enough people did that
for one year.... the business community would make sure things straightened
out.

Good luck with that.

The first thing you would have to sort out would be agreeing upon
which particular version of the Christmas celebration you wanted to
preserve.

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:58:11 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115...ristmasoffbeat

Honest to pete.

Feakin' morons.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

...http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115...yleaustraliach...

Eisboch

An effective response to any silly actions that errode Christmas traditions
might be to boycott stores the Christmas period. ?If enough people did that
for one year.... the business community would make sure things straightened
out.

Good luck with that.

The first thing you would have to sort out would be agreeing upon
which particular version of the Christmas celebration you wanted to
preserve.

WHAT?!?!?

No three thousand word tome on various forms of celebrations and the
history behind them?

You are slipping Chuck. :)

news

"Eisboch" wrote in message

...http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115...yleaustraliach...

Eisboch

An effective response to any silly actions that errode Christmas
traditions
might be to boycott stores the Christmas period. ?If enough people did
that
for one year.... the business community would make sure things
straightened
out.

Good luck with that.

The first thing you would have to sort out would be agreeing upon
which particular version of the Christmas celebration you wanted to
preserve.

WHAT?!?!?

No three thousand word tome on various forms of celebrations and the
history behind them?

You are slipping Chuck. :)

Naw... we have a gentleman's agreement..

"Eisboch" wrote in message

om...http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115...yleaustraliach...

Eisboch

An effective response to any silly actions that errode Christmas traditions
might be to boycott stores the Christmas period. ?If enough people did that
for one year.... the business community would make sure things straightened
out.

Good luck with that.

The first thing you would have to sort out would be agreeing upon
which particular version of the Christmas celebration you wanted to
preserve.

WHAT?!?!?

No three thousand word tome on various forms of celebrations and the
history behind them?

You are slipping Chuck. �:)- Hide quoted text -

Just distracted with Bible study this morning. At last night's yacht
club meeting several people referred to the upcoming lighted boat
parade as a "Christmas" parade. I'm trying to figure out when burning
colored light bulbs became a Christian sacrament. If I have no luck
with either of the two books in the New Testament that even mention a
miraculous and virgin birth for Jesus, I'll slide over to the Old
Testament and check out Numbers, Judges, and The Ten Commandments.
That becomes a bit awkward of course, because if in the Old Testament
I encounter "Though shalt tack strings of colored lights to the eaves
of thy dwelling, even unto mounting a wire framed reindeer with
blinking nose on the peak of thy house," that will make the whole
affair more Jewish than Christian, right? Worse yet, nearly all of the
Old Testament is considered holy writ by Muslims- who worship the God
of Abraham but believe the *final* prophet was Muhammed rather than
Jesus. Let's hope I don't find a commandment to dress up in a red
suit, pass out toys, and belly laugh non-stop from December 15-
December 24 in the Old Testament; venerated by Christians, Jews, and
(oh no!) Muslims,....Homeland Security will want to start passing all
the shopping mall Santas through metal detectors before they let them
hold kids on their laps. I mean for gosh sakes, here's a guy who won't
be seen in public without a head covering, wears a beard, and (worse
yet) dresses in a flowing robe! Good thing the old gent flies with
reindeer, he'd be "profiled" for sure at an airport. A simple
background check for sexual deviancy involving underage kids should be
sufficient, I would think. :-)

Just over two weeks until the Seafair Holiday Lighted Boat Parade/
Special Peoples' Cruise hereabouts. I suspect that event is a bit
closer to what Christmas should be about than all the Chevy Chase
tract house light shows and compulsive overspending at shopping malls
could ever hope to approach. At least in my opinion......others will,
and certainly should, hold opinions of their own.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

Whew - you had me worried there for a minute. :)

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:56:25 -0800 (PST), Chuck Gould penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

SNIPS

|Just distracted with Bible study this morning. At last night's yacht
|club meeting several people referred to the upcoming lighted boat
|parade as a "Christmas" parade. I'm trying to figure out when burning
|colored light bulbs became a Christian sacrament.

Here is a (Baptist) Christian's view on the sin of celebrating the
Pagan holiday of "Christmas."
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/...xmas/celeb.htm

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
-----------------
-----------------

wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115...yleaustraliach...

Honest to pete.

Feakin' morons.

Yeah, don't they understand that fake nativity scenes, burning
incandesant lights, silver colored conifers, extravagant buying of
appliances and neckties are deeply rooted Christian values and must be
preserved?

OT Political Martin Baxter ASA 0 October 26th 04 02:38 PM
( OT) Not political Jim General 0 March 9th 04 10:08 PM