HK HK is offline

Default Shrinkwrapping...cut rate.

Guy in the area has signs up at the intersections, offering to do boat
winterizing and shrinkwrapping. Called him up, he's half the price of
the dealer and $6 a foot less than the marina for shrinkwrapping.

Got him coming by the end of the week. $151 instead of $304.

HK HK is offline

Calif Bill wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Guy in the area has signs up at the intersections, offering to do boat
winterizing and shrinkwrapping. Called him up, he's half the price of the
dealer and $6 a foot less than the marina for shrinkwrapping.

Got him coming by the end of the week. $151 instead of $304.

Union guy?

Probably is, moonlighting. Union guys always work harder than scabs.
Dan Dan is offline

HK wrote:
Calif Bill wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Guy in the area has signs up at the intersections, offering to do
boat winterizing and shrinkwrapping. Called him up, he's half the
price of the dealer and $6 a foot less than the marina for
shrinkwrapping.

Got him coming by the end of the week. $151 instead of $304.

Union guy?

Probably is, moonlighting. Union guys always work harder than scabs.

May as well be if he's moonlighting.
Senior Member

On Nov 10, 6:36 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

. ..

Guy in the area has signs up at the intersections, offering to do boat
winterizing and shrinkwrapping. Called him up, he's half the price of the
dealer and $6 a foot less than the marina for shrinkwrapping.

Got him coming by the end of the week. $151 instead of $304.

Union guy?

I suppose to a marina, this guy working out of his toyota would be
considered a scab... Can't really see how Harry could hire him..

Trouble is he may not know what he's doing. Granted, it doesn't take much
knowledge. But if he burns the gelcoat with the heat gun who's going to fix
and pay for it? I'm all for saving a few bucks but I'd much rather have
someone with an actual business to go after in the event of screw ups.

HK HK is offline

Bill Kearney wrote:
Trouble is he may not know what he's doing. Granted, it doesn't take much
knowledge. But if he burns the gelcoat with the heat gun who's going to fix
and pay for it? I'm all for saving a few bucks but I'd much rather have
someone with an actual business to go after in the event of screw ups.

If you are referring to the guy I found through his advertising, he gave
me a couple of references. Called two of them, he did the job without
any problems. In the fall, apparently, he's doing this 10 hours a day,
six days a week. He won't get to me for another week or so.