Default Had a swell time today in the Albermarle 310XF

This boat brand has been the subject of much discussion the last few
days in this group, precipitated by some remark that the quality must
be going to heck following its purchase in 2005 by Brunswick. Harry
will be pleased to know that the traditional processes used to produce
the hull so far remain unchanged, and some may be surprised to learn
that Albemarle has traditionally used laminated fir in some of the
structural areas of the boat. There is no doubt that the line has
earned a good reputation of durability and carries a strong resale
value

After busting through (as opposed to flying over) some 3-4 foot wakes
at fast cruise speeds I can attest to the fact that the 310XF is solid
as a rock.

Our regional Grady-White dealer, currently in a Seattle neighborhood,
is going to move about 15 miles north and be directly across the
street from the Albemarle dealer in Edmonds, Wa. That should enable
some very interesting one-stop comparison shopping.

Our local salmon fishermen will like this "east coast" boat a lot. :-)

Will post my final observations in a day or so, (with the customary
disclosures and warnings). :-) I'll also put today's photos on the
pbase page
at that same time.

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 14:17:10 -0800, Chuck Gould
wrote:

[...]

Once again, welcome to the Dark Side. :)

Next thing you know, you'll be reviewing Northcoasts and boats built
in the Carolinas - you know, real boats for real water. :)

I really like the Albemarle line - very nice. I'm going to look at
one of the new Topaz boats tomorrow - another fav of mine.

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 00:18:47 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

wrote:

|This boat brand has been the subject of much discussion the last few
|days in this group, precipitated by some remark that the quality must
|be going to heck following its purchase in 2005 by Brunswick. Harry
|will be pleased to know that the traditional processes used to produce
|the hull so far remain unchanged, and some may be surprised to learn
|that Albemarle has traditionally used laminated fir in some of the
|structural areas of the boat. There is no doubt that the line has
|earned a good reputation of durability and carries a strong resale
|value
|
|After busting through (as opposed to flying over) some 3-4 foot wakes
|at fast cruise speeds I can attest to the fact that the 310XF is solid
|as a rock.
|
|Our regional Grady-White dealer, currently in a Seattle neighborhood,
|is going to move about 15 miles north and be directly across the
|street from the Albemarle dealer in Edmonds, Wa. That should enable
|some very interesting one-stop comparison shopping.
|
|Our local salmon fishermen will like this "east coast" boat a lot. :-)
|
|Will post my final observations in a day or so, (with the customary
|disclosures and warnings). :-) I'll also put today's photos on the
|pbase page
|at that same time.
|
|Once again, welcome to the Dark Side. :)
|
|Next thing you know, you'll be reviewing Northcoasts and boats built
|in the Carolinas - you know, real boats for real water. :)
|
|I really like the Albemarle line - very nice. I'm going to look at
|one of the new Topaz boats tomorrow - another fav of mine.

I *do* like Topaz boats!

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

I spent some time at the Cleveland 9th District USCG facility today................. JimH General 1 July 11th 06 11:47 PM
( OT ) Budget deficit to swell to $445 billion Jim General 0 July 30th 04 08:25 PM
I just haven't had time Michael ASA 87 July 16th 04 12:31 AM
When was the last time...? Scott Vernon ASA 0 August 5th 03 03:22 PM