Default Hey Eisboch....

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

Eisboch wrote:

It would be interesting to do a return on cost analysis in terms of hours
cruised, hours used or miles traveled on a new, small boat like Harry's
and an almost 30 year old floating RV like the GB(s).

My hunch is that if being on the water is your thing, you are getting a
bigger bang for the buck with the big boats.

Eisboch

A return on cost analysis for a toy? I think not.

"return" need not be necessarily financial.

I just can't picture Wayne and his wife making yearly trips from Florida to
the northeast in a 20' Parker.

Eisboch

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:44:54 -0400, HK wrote:

Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:23:25 -0400, HK wrote:

I need a giggle...how much is it going to cost for that tranny repair?

I honestly don't know but it won't be cheap.

Who cares?

Not me; I just want a giggle.

Harry, why would you want to giggle at the misfortune of someone having a
high repair bill? That makes little sense.

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 13:16:37 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

It would be interesting to do a return on cost analysis in terms of hours
cruised, hours used or miles traveled on a new, small boat like Harry's and
an almost 30 year old floating RV like the GB(s).

My hunch is that if being on the water is your thing, you are getting a
bigger bang for the buck with the big boats.

It would be fairly easy to run the numbers but I have no interest
whatsover in knowing my cost per hour or cost per mile. :-)

That would take some of the fun out of it.

Let the good times roll...

wrote:

It would be interesting to do a return on cost analysis in terms of hours
cruised, hours used or miles traveled on a new, small boat like Harry's
and
an almost 30 year old floating RV like the GB(s).

My hunch is that if being on the water is your thing, you are getting a
bigger bang for the buck with the big boats.

It would be fairly easy to run the numbers but I have no interest
whatsover in knowing my cost per hour or cost per mile. :-)

That would take some of the fun out of it.

Let the good times roll...

I screwed that up. I didn't mean a financial return. More of a "use"
return.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

Eisboch wrote:
It would be interesting to do a return on cost analysis in terms of hours
cruised, hours used or miles traveled on a new, small boat like Harry's
and an almost 30 year old floating RV like the GB(s).

My hunch is that if being on the water is your thing, you are getting a
bigger bang for the buck with the big boats.

Eisboch

A return on cost analysis for a toy? I think not.

"return" need not be necessarily financial.

I just can't picture Wayne and his wife making yearly trips from Florida to
the northeast in a 20' Parker.

Eisboch

I wouldn't want to do that, either. I'd get on a plane at Logan, find my
first-class seat, and watch a movie while spending three hours in a
comfy chair.

In fact, that's what I do when we go to Florida from here, except that
it takes less than three hours. And a few minutes after that, we're he

http://tinyurl.com/2lpurx

"HK" wrote in message
. ..

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

I know. You've repeated that many times. Others ... like me ... don't
share the same preference. Some of us would rather experience the trip ....
in a boat ... and for that you need a big one.

BIG blast of wind .... whoa! Gotta go check things.

Eisboch

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 13:38:15 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

I screwed that up. I didn't mean a financial return. More of a "use"
return.

I know.

For our purposes nothing less would really do. Our retirement model
that we finally agreed on was to have a house in the south and a boat
north to live on in the summer. We also considered having a home
north but given the relatively short summer season in the northeast,
and the fact that we also wanted to cruise the Bahamas and points
south, a boat made more sense. If operating costs get too high we
could always leave the boat north for the winter but I'd hate to do
that. The trip is always an adventure and it's nice having the boat
docked behind the house ready to go anytime we are.
BAR BAR is offline

HK wrote:
Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:23:25 -0400, HK wrote:

I need a giggle...how much is it going to cost for that tranny repair?

I honestly don't know but it won't be cheap.
Who cares?

Not me; I just want a giggle.

How's the tranny holding up on the 36' Zimmerman like Lobsta' boat Harry?

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 14:33:40 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

It would be fairly easy to run the numbers but I have no interest
whatsover in knowing my cost per hour or cost per mile. :-)

That would take some of the fun out of it.

It would take all the fun out of it.

When I had my Contenders, other than fuel usage, I was like you - I
didn't want to know the total operating cost.

If only because I couldn't justify the boats if I did know. :)

However, Mrs. Wave, being the practical Irish lady she is, knew it to
the penny.

~~ mutter ~~

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 17:05:19 -0400, BAR wrote:

How's the tranny holding up on the 36' Zimmerman like Lobsta' boat Harry?

I don't think he'll have any trouble with it.

Yo!! Eisboch!! Short Wave Sportfishing General 2 September 25th 07 07:04 PM
Hey Eisboch... John H General 1 January 26th 07 06:21 PM
Hey Eisboch... Eisboch General 0 January 25th 07 10:11 PM
Hey Eisboch!!! Eisboch General 16 November 30th 06 09:21 PM
Eisboch.. Eisboch General 8 September 4th 06 10:31 PM