HK HK is offline

Default Freighters beware...

DownTime wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
I saw a documentary on that facility - it's pretty amazing.

They have these scale model boats that are used to simulate the
handling characteriistics of full scale ships.

Pretty cool.

Anyone up to a "r.b NGer" road trip? I can only imagine the chance to
meet those who have helped me and thank them personally.

Make sure you stop in Derby, Kansas, home of the sudden onset tostitos.

HK wrote:
DownTime wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
I saw a documentary on that facility - it's pretty amazing.

They have these scale model boats that are used to simulate the
handling characteriistics of full scale ships.

Pretty cool.

Anyone up to a "r.b NGer" road trip? I can only imagine the chance to
meet those who have helped me and thank them personally.

Make sure you stop in Derby, Kansas, home of the sudden onset tostitos.

I was thinking maybe along the lines of a group cruise to Scandinavia
for that pilot training facility. We could all learn to be better
boaters. And maybe take turns as "Captain Of The Day" on the trip over
there.

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 17:33:15 -0400, DownTime
wrote:

And maybe take turns as "Captain Of The Day" on the trip over
there.

Take turns? Play nice? Sheesh no, we should duke it out every day
just like now.

wrote:

And maybe take turns as "Captain Of The Day" on the trip over
there.

Take turns? Play nice? Sheesh no, we should duke it out every day
just like now.

Shhhh, don't let the others know the secret plan!!!

Senior Member

On Nov 1, 8:44 am, HK wrote:
I spent the day yesterday at a facility that trains merchant marine
officers, sort of learning how to operate simulators for the bridge of a
freighter, a tanker and a tug.

I only hit the Golden Gate Bridge twice. Well, actually I sideswiped it.

Took a couple photos of the arrays, which I will post later.

Did you ever post those pics, did I miss it?

Tim Tim is offline

DownTime wrote:
I was thinking maybe along the lines of a group cruise to Scandinavia
for that pilot training facility. We could all learn to be better
boaters. And maybe take turns as "Captain Of The Day" on the trip over
there.

"Captain of the Day" Is that anything like "Whose turn in the barrel?"

wrote:

HK wrote:
DownTime wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
I saw a documentary on that facility - it's pretty amazing.

They have these scale model boats that are used to simulate the
handling characteriistics of full scale ships.

Pretty cool.

Anyone up to a "r.b NGer" road trip? I can only imagine the chance to
meet those who have helped me and thank them personally.

Make sure you stop in Derby, Kansas, home of the sudden onset tostitos.

I was thinking maybe along the lines of a group cruise to Scandinavia
for that pilot training facility. We could all learn to be better
boaters. And maybe take turns as "Captain Of The Day" on the trip over
there.

Been there - done that.

A good friend of mine was a Captain of a refurbished Onasis tanker and
Mrs. Wave and I took a trip with him from Baltimore to Venezesula with
a stop in Houston and back.

It was a ton of fun - I got to pilot the ship for a watch (under
supervision of course) - pretty cool deal.

What was really fun was seconding the First Mate with position fixes
and stuff like that, then plotting it out on charts - getting the
latest updates - I had a blast.

Mrs. Wave, not so much until we got to port when Christmas shopping
took over. :)

wrote:

And maybe take turns as "Captain Of The Day" on the trip over
there.

Take turns? Play nice? Sheesh no, we should duke it out every day
just like now.

Can I bring guns?

BEWARE GARY'S HOT DOG! Will Dockery ASA 5 July 28th 06 03:14 PM
Beware, Big Dog! Terry Spragg General 3 December 2nd 05 04:38 PM
Ot Beware of "Dan Krueger" [email protected] General 2 July 6th 05 02:33 PM
Beware of Sailrite sailingbob General 15 July 27th 03 11:57 PM