Default Arrrrrrrr....pirates!

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 30, 4:28 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Oct 29, 3:57 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa...tes/index.html

this could be very interesting....

It's already
interesting.http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa...tes/index.html

I'm sure the main reason we helped that ship was its cargo, benzene.
But, if
someone in Washington didn't have a serious meeting with a
representative
from N. Korea, something's seriously wrong, for one of two reasons.

1) If the benzene was being shipped to someone with a legitimate use for
it:
"Look, asshole - we are the kind of ally you want. You owe us. We didn't
have to put our sailors at risk to protect your ship, but we did."

2) Otherwise: "Now you have a big problem." (Someone bought the benzene
because of its carcinogenic properties, and the pirate thing was staged
cover this ruse.)

Looks like things got interesting, before I thought they were going to
get interesting.
I can agree with your #1, But sort of difficult to go along with #2.
Reason? Benzine is a proven carsonogenic, however, it's not one of
those "One half a drop will kill half of Detroit" type things So, I
think that one is out, and like the article said, it's also used in
making plastics, and that would include Soda straws and McDonalds "Big
Gulp" cups.

just an opinion.

A boatload of benzene would do very interesting things to a water supply.
I'm sure our intelligence services will be asking where the ship was
headed to begin with.

Benzine is a commercial product. Probably in that area, to be used as part
of dyes for material.

"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

Benzene is use in the mfg'ering of more products than you can imagine.

"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, I know. But consider who owned the ship.

Of course, I don't think we would've helped out a North Korean ship to begin
with, no matter its cargo, unless someone wanted to use the event as
diplomatic fodder later.

Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 31, 6:50 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in ...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message
groups.com...
On Oct 30, 4:28 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

legroups.com...

[...]

diplomatic fodder later.- Hide quoted text -

I wonder how the the outcome of the cut-throats will be handled?

Pirates again.... [email protected] General 0 July 4th 06 01:33 PM
Divy up the booty arrrrrrrr ? Joe ASA 7 April 10th 06 07:14 PM
Pirates vs USN Vito ASA 1 March 20th 06 06:00 PM
pirates jlrogers ASA 1 November 27th 05 01:47 PM
PIRATES! Scott Vernon ASA 26 July 3rd 04 11:33 PM