Default Photos of a slight breeze on Puget Sound

http://www.pbase.com/gould/ferry_photos

These photos are not my original work. They showed up anonymously, in
an email being circulated very broadly among the maritime community in
this area. I have placed them, only temporarily, on my photo page to
share them with the group.

There always seems to be some discussion about "wave height" in this
group. For what it's worth, the bottom of the car deck is probably
about 5-6 feet above the surface in a dead calm. Most of the waves in
these photos seem to about that sort of height.

So here's a look at a not-entirely typical day on Puget Sound (just
off of Edmonds). Our nicest summer days are slightly better than
this, :-) !

HK HK is offline

Chuck Gould wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/gould/ferry_photos

These photos are not my original work. They showed up anonymously, in
an email being circulated very broadly among the maritime community in
this area. I have placed them, only temporarily, on my photo page to
share them with the group.

There always seems to be some discussion about "wave height" in this
group. For what it's worth, the bottom of the car deck is probably
about 5-6 feet above the surface in a dead calm. Most of the waves in
these photos seem to about that sort of height.

So here's a look at a not-entirely typical day on Puget Sound (just
off of Edmonds). Our nicest summer days are slightly better than
this, :-) !

No bikinis on the passengers? What's the point of boating if the gals
can't wear next to nothing.

"HK" wrote in message
Chuck Gould wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/gould/ferry_photos

These photos are not my original work. They showed up anonymously, in
an email being circulated very broadly among the maritime community in
this area. I have placed them, only temporarily, on my photo page to
share them with the group.

There always seems to be some discussion about "wave height" in this
group. For what it's worth, the bottom of the car deck is probably
about 5-6 feet above the surface in a dead calm. Most of the waves in
these photos seem to about that sort of height.

So here's a look at a not-entirely typical day on Puget Sound (just
off of Edmonds). Our nicest summer days are slightly better than
this, :-) !

No bikinis on the passengers? What's the point of boating if the gals
can't wear next to nothing.

Yeah but...... out there you get a free car wash with your passage.

On Oct 26, 2:27 pm, Chuck Gould wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/gould/ferry_photos

These photos are not my original work. They showed up anonymously, in
an email being circulated very broadly among the maritime community in
this area. I have placed them, only temporarily, on my photo page to
share them with the group.

There always seems to be some discussion about "wave height" in this
group. For what it's worth, the bottom of the car deck is probably
about 5-6 feet above the surface in a dead calm. Most of the waves in
these photos seem to about that sort of height.

So here's a look at a not-entirely typical day on Puget Sound (just
off of Edmonds). Our nicest summer days are slightly better than
this, :-) !

this photos are all over for days now , I live in Whidbey and I was on
Cathlamet when this pic. was taken from Mukilteo that day, not a big
deal folks just a bit of a bump .. this is not a Bayliner run-about ,
just a normal day in the "office" ... get over it
great pictures , not to much of a drama ... I wish some" tourist left
overs" experience this little ride, several times past summer I have
witnessed "panic" among pink skinned tourists, when we run over some
wake ... but thanks God they are home now ..again good pics. but
'that's all folks"

Senior Member

On Oct 26, 6:48 pm, seawitch wrote:
[...]

You must work at the local welcome wagon

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:27:50 -0700, Chuck Gould
wrote:

There always seems to be some discussion about "wave height" in this
group. For what it's worth, the bottom of the car deck is probably
about 5-6 feet above the surface in a dead calm. Most of the waves in
these photos seem to about that sort of height.

~~ Yawn ~~

Typical day in Narragansett Bay. :)

Hey - that rhymes!!

Kewl.

Neat pics - thanks for posting.

I have to find a QT movie I have of a Moran tug who ran into a wave
seqence in East Passage that literally had the props out of the water.
It's on my old disc drive and I haven't installed it yet. It's
interesting to see how the Captain got himself in trouble.

Give me something to do tomorrow.

WaIIy wrote:
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:41:13 -0400, " JimH" ask wrote:

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.pbase.com/gould/ferry_photos

These photos are not my original work. They showed up anonymously, in
an email being circulated very broadly among the maritime community in
this area. I have placed them, only temporarily, on my photo page to
share them with the group.

There always seems to be some discussion about "wave height" in this
group. For what it's worth, the bottom of the car deck is probably
about 5-6 feet above the surface in a dead calm. Most of the waves in
these photos seem to about that sort of height.

So here's a look at a not-entirely typical day on Puget Sound (just
off of Edmonds). Our nicest summer days are slightly better than
this, :-) !

Yawn.....7-10 footers forecast for the central basin of Lake Erie tomorrow.

Ten footers - Baloney.

Do you really boat on Lake Erie?

Someone needs to let the National Weather Service know about these 10
ft'ers. They have totally missed the mark with their forecast:

OPEN LAKE FORECAST FOR LAKE ERIE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CLEVELAND OH
340 PM EDT SUN OCT 28 2007
FOR WATERS BEYOND FIVE NAUTICAL MILES OF SHORE ON LAKE ERIE

SYNOPSIS
HIGH PRESSURE 30.50 INCHES OVER THE OHIO VALLEY AND
LAKE ERIE WILL MOVE SOUTHEAST OF THE LAKE LATER TONIGHT INTO
MONDAY. THE HIGH WILL BECOME STATIONARY OVER VIRGINA INTO
WEDNESDAY. A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH FROM THE WEST ON WEDNESDAY
NIGHT FOLLOWED BY MORE HIGH PRESSURE 30.50 INCHES ON THURSDAY AND
FRIDAY.
LEZ162165-290300-
LAKE ERIE OPEN WATERS FROM MAUMEE BAY TO RENO BEACH-
LAKE ERIE OPEN WATERS FROM RENO BEACH TO THE ISLANDS-
LAKE ERIE OPEN WATERS FROM THE ISLANDS TO VERMILION-
LAKE ERIE OPEN WATERS FROM VERMILION TO AVON POINT-
340 PM EDT SUN OCT 28 2007

TONIGHT
NORTHWEST WINDS 10 KNOTS OR LESS BECOMING SOUTHWEST
10 TO 20 KNOTS LATE. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

MONDAY
SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KNOTS.
WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET.

MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS.
WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET.

WEDNESDAY
SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING WEST. CHANCE
OF SHOWERS. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET.

THURSDAY
WEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST 5 TO
15 KNOTS. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET SUBSIDING TO 2 FEET OR LESS.

FRIDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.
LEZ061-166169-290300-
LAKE ERIE OPEN WATERS FROM RIPLEY TO BUFFALO NY-
LAKE ERIE OPEN WATERS FROM AVON POINT TO WILLOWICK-
LAKE ERIE OPEN WATERS FROM WILLOWICK TO GENEVA-ON-THE-LAKE-
LAKE ERIE OPEN WATERS FROM GENEVA-ON-THE-LAKE TO CONNEAUT-
LAKE ERIE OPEN WATERS FROM CONNEAUT OH TO RIPLEY NY-
340 PM EDT SUN OCT 28 2007

TONIGHT
NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHWEST 5 TO
15 KNOTS. WAVES 4 TO 6 FEET SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 3 FEET.

MONDAY
SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KNOTS
IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET BUILDING TO 5 TO 7 FEET.

MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25
KNOTS. WAVES 5 TO 8 FEET.

WEDNESDAY
SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING WEST. CHANCE
OF SHOWERS. WAVES 5 TO 8 FEET.

THURSDAY
WEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING NORTH 10 TO
20 KNOTS. WAVES 5 TO 8 FEET SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET.

FRIDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

LEZ161-290300-
MAFOR 2821/
ERIE WEST 1/3 12700 11500 11510 13520 11530. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET TONIGHT.
WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET MONDAY. 220103.
ERIE CENTRAL 1/3 11720 11710 11810 11410 12520 12530. WAVES 3 TO
5 FEET SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 3 FEET TONIGHT. WAVES BUILDING TO 5 TO 7
FEET MONDAY. 210305 210204.
ERIE EAST 1/3 12720 11710 11700 11500 11520 11530 11540. WAVES 4 TO
6 FEET SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 3 FEET TONIGHT. WAVES BUILDING TO 5 TO 7
FEET MONDAY. 210306 210204.

MRD

Willie spotted on Puget Sound? Gordon Cruising 1 September 30th 07 05:25 PM
Willie spotted on Puget Sound? Wilbur Hubbard ASA 0 September 30th 07 05:25 PM
Engine Installers, Puget Sound? De Clarke General 0 December 12th 03 12:09 AM
Baja to Puget Sound John Nagy Cruising 6 November 17th 03 06:51 PM
FS: 1978 SJ28 in So. Puget Sound Josh Assing Marketplace 0 August 20th 03 05:25 PM