BoatBanter.com

-   -   Keeping a boat/trailer over the winter... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/87341-keeping-boat-trailer-over-winter.html)

Reginald P. Smithers III October 28th 07 08:50 PM

Keeping a boat/trailer over the winter...

John H. wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:41:46 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

HK wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
HK wrote:

Well, Reggies, if and when you ever have a boat, you can block up
your tires.
I sold my runabout many years ago, and I don't keep my boat stored
on a trailer, it says in the water unless I have it hauled for
maintenance.

Gosh, I wonder what that alleged boat of yours weighs now, compared
to when it was hatched from the mold.
Harry,
I have never understood why anyone in their right mind would make up
boat ownership. Since you have fabricated so many boat ownership
stories, (that no one every believes), why do you do it?

The one story I liked best when you posted a wav file of your boat
horn to prove you actually owned a Lobster boat.

I really don't care if anyone believes I own a boat or not, it really
isn't important

I made a decision not to post particular photos, and I haven't. It
delights me that that decision of mine has driven so many of this
newsgroup's a**holes, people like you, nuts.

Harry,
You have to trust me on this one, the fact that you don't own a Lobster
boat has not driven me nuts. I just wish you would take me up on my bet
about who owns what boat. I would split my money with the Salvation Army
and still have enough to buy my youngest a used car for her to drive.

I know where she could have gotten a good deal on a pickup, but it's too
late now!

JohnH,
I don't think it would have worked out. She was looking for a real
funky light blue color, that was real hard to find, I had to pay a large
premium to buy one. ;)

What did you end up selling the pickup for?

John H. October 29th 07 12:49 AM

Keeping a boat/trailer over the winter...

HK wrote:

[...]

Well, one of my golfing buddies offered me $4500 for it, but I sold it to a
nephew for $3000. I had bought his sister a laptop for high school
graduation so she'd have one for college. The nephew didn't go to college,
but is now a foreman for a construction company. So, I gave him the
equivalent of a laptop. He's happy, and I'm not too depressed.

I've had over a dozen calls from the Washington Post ad, which was for
$4750, but they all came in while I was on the cruise ship.

Reginald P. Smithers III October 29th 07 01:33 AM

JimH wrote:
"John H." wrote in message

HK wrote:

[...]

Bull****.

That seems to be your response to anything one says about giving something
to someone.

OK.

No, just to retired school teachers who claim to give brand new laptops to
their *nephews sister* as a high school graduation gift.

Yep! ;-)

Right.

Damn, I thought he was saying Bull**** about your selling your pickup
truck for $3000.

I wonder why he finds giving gifts and money to charities so hard to
understand.

Reginald P. Smithers III October 29th 07 11:24 AM

Keeping a boat/trailer over the winter...

John H. wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 21:41:55 -0400, " JimH" ask wrote:

"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
. ..

HK wrote:

[...]

Eh? What the hell are you drinking tonight Reggie and why have you been so
argumentative tonight?

Perhaps he was driving at your use of the word 'bull****' when I mentioned
selling my truck at a big discount. You seem to have a smart assed comment
anytime someone mentions 'giving'. I think the last one was directed at
Tom, followed by a 'you've done everything and been everywhere' type
comment. Remember?

Well if I could have found a really nice funky blue pick'em up truck for
my youngest daughter, I was willing to give you $8000 and a new lap top. ;)

While it didn't cross my mind that you were making up the story about
your comment about the laptop and deal on your truck, and could see no
reason why Tom would make up some story about giving his world series
tickets to a charity, I made the comment so someone could say "Bull
****" and it would be true.
:)

ps when it was questioned if Tom's tickets could have been auctioned off
at $3000, I checked out what the price of good World Series tickets were
going for on the web. $3000 was a deal. I saw some box tickets that
were selling for over $10,000 each.

John H. October 29th 07 02:07 PM

Keeping a boat/trailer over the winter...

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:49:58 -0400, " JimH" ask wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Reginald P. Smithers III" wrote in message
om...

HK wrote:

[...]

You bet. And you make it a point to let us know each and every time you
*give*. Why is that? Do you need some recognition? Most folks just
donate quietly and move on, accepting the fact that they got satisfaction by
giving.

I think the last one was directed at
Tom, followed by a 'you've done everything and been everywhere' type
comment. Remember?

Yep.

No, Jimh, I don't comment every time I give. I was asked about the truck,
and I replied.

The only folks who have any idea of what I give, is the IRS.