BoatBanter.com

-   -   Keeping a boat/trailer over the winter... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/87341-keeping-boat-trailer-over-winter.html)

HK October 23rd 07 11:15 PM

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
HK wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
HK wrote:
JimH wrote:
"Gene Kearns" wrote in
message ...
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:25:24 -0400, Reginald P. Smithers III penned
the following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

Now was he correct, heck, I don't know, but the tires were over
20 yrs
old when I sold the boat and trailer.
He had it all correct!
http://www.yokohamatire.com/pdf/tsb-112102.pdf

What is "long term storage"?

http://www.goodyear.com/rv/pdf/rvbrochure.pdf

RV tires?

Undefined, I am sure. I store for about four months up here, maybe
four and a half, and move the trailer around. If I were
ReggieReturdo, though, I'd find some non-issue to make an issue of,
and push it for all it was worth. What else has he?

Harry,
Someone asked for recommendations, I told him what I did based upon
my father recommendations.

You don't have to rationalize yourself to me, ReggieReturdo. Using
your imaginary boat this week? Next week? The week after?

Harry,
Nope, this weekend my marina asked me if they could pull my boat and
store it on the hard, so they could move a larger boat into my slip, due
to low water. Since I am a nice guy and understood their problem, I
told them sure, no problem. They then agreed to winterize the the
engine and fresh water system for free. It is amazing how good karma
begets good karma. On the plus side, I can change my outdrive boots
this winter without paying for a haul.

You seem to have an anger management issue. What seems to be the problem?

Anger management? Me? Naw. I'm the nicest guy you've never met. I just
have a low tolerance for flaming a**holes. That would be you.

Reginald P. Smithers III October 23rd 07 11:25 PM

JimH wrote:
"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:25:24 -0400, Reginald P. Smithers III penned
the following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

Now was he correct, heck, I don't know, but the tires were over 20 yrs
old when I sold the boat and trailer.

He had it all correct!
http://www.yokohamatire.com/pdf/tsb-112102.pdf

What is "long term storage"?

http://www.goodyear.com/rv/pdf/rvbrochure.pdf

RV tires?

If you look at the bottom of the brochure you will see they list the
tires they recommend for boat trailers. It is the last tires just
before the list the recommended care and feeding of RV/Trailer Tires.

Wayne.B October 24th 07 01:51 AM

Keeping a boat/trailer over the winter...

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:53:37 -0400, HK wrote:

you have no idea of what fun
being out in a small boat can be.

Actually I have a very good idea, but I'm realistic about the
limitations also.

When the wind is over 10 to 12 kts there are few, if any, boats your
size on open water. That's OK if you want to be on the Patuxent River
those days but on the bay you need something bigger.

HK October 24th 07 02:20 AM

Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:53:37 -0400, HK wrote:

you have no idea of what fun
being out in a small boat can be.

Actually I have a very good idea, but I'm realistic about the
limitations also.

When the wind is over 10 to 12 kts there are few, if any, boats your
size on open water.

More b.s. from wayne.

Don White October 24th 07 03:18 AM

Keeping a boat/trailer over the winter...

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:53:37 -0400, HK wrote:

you have no idea of what fun being out in a small boat can be.

Actually I have a very good idea, but I'm realistic about the
limitations also. When the wind is over 10 to 12 kts there are few, if
any, boats your
size on open water.

More b.s. from wayne.

These 'professional boaters' are really something these days....afraid of
their own shadow when the water is over their head.
Back in the good ole days fishermen would launch their dorys off the deck of
a schooner and fish in all types of weather.
http://www.atlantictallships.ca/tv.p...onID=45&lang=e

Wayne.B October 24th 07 03:26 AM

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:20:20 -0400, HK wrote:

When the wind is over 10 to 12 kts there are few, if any, boats your
size on open water.

More b.s. from wayne.

I guess anything is possible. We did see a 40 something Bayliner
going out Hatteras inlet the other day.

HK October 24th 07 03:44 AM

Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:20:20 -0400, HK wrote:

When the wind is over 10 to 12 kts there are few, if any, boats your
size on open water.

More b.s. from wayne.

I guess anything is possible. We did see a 40 something Bayliner
going out Hatteras inlet the other day.

That must have been disheartening for you.

Let me know when you run Matanzas Inlet, or, if you haven't the balls or
experience for that, Nassau Sound Inlet.

Wayne.B October 25th 07 12:34 AM

Keeping a boat/trailer over the winter...

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:28:49 -0400, HK wrote:

My old car is a 1959-60 model, and British, so there's no assurance that
even if the tires were round, the wheels would be.

Or that it would start and the lights work.

Lucas: Prince of Darkness.

HK October 25th 07 12:45 AM

Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:28:49 -0400, HK wrote:

My old car is a 1959-60 model, and British, so there's no assurance that
even if the tires were round, the wheels would be.

Or that it would start and the lights work.

Lucas: Prince of Darkness.

That was a problem with the MG-A I once owned, but not with any of the
other Brit cars I've had, including a TR4, a Lotus Cortina, a real
Mini-Cooper S, and the Jag I still have. The knock-off wire wheels need
attention from time to time because they do go out of round, but that
hasn't been a problem for me; I rarely drive the car.