HK HK is offline

Default I'm just sayin' ;)

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

What's the "standard" length leg on an outboard these days?

Mine is 25". When I bought my first Parker, I was considering the 21'
pilothouse, and talked to Parker about the notched hull. Parker,
obviously, can design whatever it wants into its boats. I was told the
brackets threw the hull off balance. From what I have seen of smaller
boats with brackets, I believe that.

What I really don't like: eurotransoms.

If not mistaken, I believe 21 to 25 inches is considered "standard" length.

I think a bracket is great if the boat is overall designed for it.

Eisboch

I thought it was 15" 20". Well...whatever

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..

John H. wrote:
Harry, did you ever consider that about 99.9% of the posts about your

low
transom are made simply to get a rise out of you? No one seriously

believes
the low (or notched) transom is unsafe or unseaworthy. They're pulling

your
chain, and you're letting them.

I believe you are correct regarding those who understand what they see,
but we do have a few boating fools here, like Returdo, who don't know
any better.

I don't think anyone has mentioned yet the reason for a notched transom on a
deep or modified deep V hull with decent deadrise.

It's so the standard length outboard legs will keep the prop in the water.

Eisboch

Eisboch,
I thought it was to wash the blood off the deck. All you have to do is
turn the boat into the wave and the water rushes onboard and cleans off
the deck.