Default I'm just sayin' ;)

The occasional wake or cross wake that sneaks up on you
will make the boat pound, but that's true for the hull of any
manufacturer.

Ahem ...

Not so fast, there Short Sport.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

The occasional wake or cross wake that sneaks up on you
will make the boat pound, but that's true for the hull of any
manufacturer.

Ahem ...

Not so fast, there Short Sport.

Eisboch

Occasional wave? I'm talking about hard chop, the kind that makes a flat
bottomed boat bounce pretty continuously, even at slow planing speeds.
Senior Member

On Oct 9, 4:50 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Oct 9, 4:42 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:21:28 -0000,
wrote:

On Oct 9, 3:45 pm, HK wrote:
wrote:
Which boat will dip into a wave??

Hummmmmm....

http://www.yaimkool.com/imjustsayin.htm

Which one will bounce hard enough in a real chop to loosen your
fillings?

The trihull, but it is a bay boat. On the other hand, we were talking
about taking a wave broadside. You got to remember Harry, I am a
low transom guy too, and I ain't skeeret of a little wetfoot, but...

I'm just sayin

When you look at a hull, you also have to take into account bow entry
and how it evolves into the stern.

A properly designed bay boat hull will have a sharp bow entry which
will flare to a a flatter stern somewhere about 2/3s the way down the
length of the hull.

To say that it will "pound" because of the design is silly. All hulls
"pound" at speed depending on the sea state. My Contenders weren't
the most even landing hulls in the world and I seriously doubt the
Parker is any different than those boats were.

On any long run, you are going to use the engine trim angle to adjust
the entry point of the bow into the prevailing sea state to prevent
"pounding". The occasional wake or cross wake that sneaks up on you
will make the boat pound, but that's true for the hull of any
manufacturer.- Hide quoted text -

The tri hull here starts sharper and flattens out about miships. The
Vee, a little further back. I'm just sayin'

You should build one for each of us to test out for a few years. I'm just
sayin...- Hide quoted text -

I am about to flip a coin... something similar to one of them will be
built this winter along with a couple of Brockways. I just can't stand
it anymore, gotta' get some sawdust in my hair

Senior Member

On Oct 9, 4:55 pm, HK wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
.. .

The occasional wake or cross wake that sneaks up on you
will make the boat pound, but that's true for the hull of any
manufacturer.

Ahem ...

Not so fast, there Short Sport.

Eisboch

Occasional wave? I'm talking about hard chop, the kind that makes a flat
bottomed boat bounce pretty continuously, even at slow planing speeds.

Me and wave were in his bay boat, doing 45 mph, 1 1/2 to 2 footers. I
thought the ride was pretty good and tolerable...

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 16:55:35 -0400, HK wrote:

Eisboch wrote:

The occasional wake or cross wake that sneaks up on you
will make the boat pound, but that's true for the hull of any
manufacturer.

Ahem ...

Not so fast, there Short Sport.

Occasional wave? I'm talking about hard chop, the kind that makes a flat
bottomed boat bounce pretty continuously, even at slow planing speeds.

Your boat will ride the same as my boat in the same conditions.

Unless you don't know how to adjust the trim angle for the most
comfortable ride.
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

The occasional wake or cross wake that sneaks up on you
will make the boat pound, but that's true for the hull of any
manufacturer.
Ahem ...

Not so fast, there Short Sport.

Occasional wave? I'm talking about hard chop, the kind that makes a flat
bottomed boat bounce pretty continuously, even at slow planing speeds.

Your boat will ride the same as my boat in the same conditions.

Sorry, I don't buy that as a theory. On monohull planing boats, the
boat with more weight, sharper bow entry, and more deadrise will ride
better.

What's your boat weigh sans engine, gear and gas? What's the bow entry
angle? What's the deadrise? What's the beam? These all matter.