Tim Tim is offline

Default Immigrant ancestors?

John H. wrote:
I found
the documentation of my grandparents' arrival from Holland in 1914, and
also documentation of another trip the family took in 1924.

Interesting, and...they came by boat!

Er, John, how elsewould they get to Ellis island?

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/pa...2390155845440&

or

http://tinyurl.com/25eh2p

I briefly looked at the pages. I'll check them out later this evening.

THANKS!

On Oct 2, 12:29?pm, John H. wrote:
If your ancestors came through Ellis Island you haven't looked up their
arrival documents, ship, etc, you may find this site interesting. I found
the documentation of my grandparents' arrival from Holland in 1914, and
also documentation of another trip the family took in 1924.

Interesting, and...they came by boat!

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/pa...12130239015584...

or

http://tinyurl.com/25eh2p

But contrary to popular belief, your ancestors *didn't* go through
Ellis Island if they booked first class passage on the steamship.

Under the logical assumption that "folks with money are automatically
going to be healthy", it was Lady Liberty's "tired, poor, hungry,
huddled masses" that were quarantined on Ellis Island. The upper
classes were
briefly interviewed at the head of the gangway and then allowed
directly into the US.

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:09:54 -0700, Tim penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

John H. wrote:
I found
the documentation of my grandparents' arrival from Holland in 1914, and
also documentation of another trip the family took in 1924.

Interesting, and...they came by boat!

Er, John, how elsewould they get to Ellis island?

Backstroke?

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
-----------------
-----------------

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:09:54 -0700, Tim wrote:

John H. wrote:
I found
the documentation of my grandparents' arrival from Holland in 1914, and
also documentation of another trip the family took in 1924.

Interesting, and...they came by boat!

Er, John, how elsewould they get to Ellis island?

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/pa...2390155845440&

or

http://tinyurl.com/25eh2p

I briefly looked at the pages. I'll check them out later this evening.

THANKS!

Uh, the boat comment was made so I wouldn't catch a lot of heat!

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:45:53 -0700, Chuck Gould
wrote:

On Oct 2, 12:29?pm, John H. wrote:
[...]

Mine sure as hell didn't go first class. They were recruited to be a farmer
family to help raise food for workers on the Great Northern Railway
Company. My grandfather's first job was as a dairy worker for the
Stillwater Prison farm.

Well, my relatives must've come by boat....as they were turfed during
the Revolution.They chose to become United Empire Loyalists, and
settled in Niagara.
I can trace my relatives in this Continent back 400 years.
The Secords (ever heard the name Laura?) settled in the area, and
Lauras brother David, helped carry Brocks body off the field after he
was mortally wounded in the battle of Queenston Heights.
Its a shame more people cant trace this sort of thing.The family tree
is 5 pages wide.

"Corsair23" wrote in message
ups.com...

Well, my relatives must've come by boat....as they were turfed during
the Revolution.They chose to become United Empire Loyalists, and
settled in Niagara.
I can trace my relatives in this Continent back 400 years.
The Secords (ever heard the name Laura?) settled in the area, and
Lauras brother David, helped carry Brocks body off the field after he
was mortally wounded in the battle of Queenston Heights.
Its a shame more people cant trace this sort of thing.The family tree
is 5 pages wide.

Laura Secord??? Good Lord...she only saved the country from that
ungrateful rabble in the 13 colonies.
http://www.histori.ca/minutes/minute.do?id=10118

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 14:29:23 -0500, John H.
wrote:

Interesting, and...they came by boat!

Do they list anything for 1635?