Default Mercury 6.2 Horizon, are they Ford or GM engines?

Thanks for the info in advance. I have not looked close and I need to
buy some parts. I don't want to drive 40 mins. each way to answer the
question and am not sure I could even if I saw the engine ; )

On Sep 7, 9:12 pm, trainfan1 wrote:
Go Bucks wrote:
Thanks for the info in advance. I have not looked close and I need to
buy some parts. I don't want to drive 40 mins. each way to answer the
question and am not sure I could even if I saw the engine ; )

It's a 377 CID High Output version of the Chevy small block.

I'm concerned about what parts you may be hunting down and replacing
without a thorough knowledge of your power plant.

Rob

oil filter

Tim Tim is offline

Go Bucks wrote:
Thanks for the info in advance. I have not looked close and I need to
buy some parts. I don't want to drive 40 mins. each way to answer the
question and am not sure I could even if I saw the engine ; )

It's a 377 CID High Output version of the Chevy small block.

I'm concerned about what parts you may be hunting down and replacing
without a thorough knowledge of your power plant.

Rob

oil filter

Doesn't the oil filter have a number on it? Any decent parts store
ought to be able to cross numbers.

Go Bucks wrote:
Thanks for the info in advance. I have not looked close and I need to
buy some parts. I don't want to drive 40 mins. each way to answer the
question and am not sure I could even if I saw the engine ; )

It's a 377 CID High Output version of the Chevy small block.

I'm concerned about what parts you may be hunting down and replacing
without a thorough knowledge of your power plant.

Rob

oil filter

Doesn't the oil filter have a number on it? Any decent parts store
ought to be able to cross numbers.

Yes, but I was trying to save a trip since my marina is in the middle
of nowhere on the Mississippi.