Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Prestolite Distributor Cap - Automotive Equivalent

Was having trouble finding a distributor cap locally for my
Pleasurecraft 351 (Prestolite screw / clamp cap) so backed out the
information on Pertronix web site to guess that an old Chrysler 340
cap would work. Picked up a cap for a 1969 Barracuda and it worked
like a champ. I say that... it fit and works and I haven't thought
of any risks associated.

So just throwing it out here to hopefully benefit others ... or for
someone to tell me my boat may blow up!

PS: $7 vs. $40 for the one that the dealer thought _might_ work