BoatBanter.com

-   -   Small craft warnings or rain (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/85354-small-craft-warnings-rain.html)

JimH August 22nd 07 09:45 PM

Small craft warnings or rain

That is what it has been most of this month. We have not been out on the
boat since July 31st. We already set a record for rainfall for the month of
August and still have 9 days to go. The Lake is chunred up and full of logs
and large branches coming off swollen rivers making it unsafe for boaters.
Maybe it will be better by the end of the week.

Reginald P. Smithers III August 22nd 07 10:18 PM

JimH wrote:
That is what it has been most of this month. We have not been out on the
boat since July 31st. We already set a record for rainfall for the month of
August and still have 9 days to go. The Lake is chunred up and full of logs
and large branches coming off swollen rivers making it unsafe for boaters.
Maybe it will be better by the end of the week.

It seems like you have used your boat about 5 times for the last 2 years.

JoeSpareBedroom August 22nd 07 10:33 PM

"JimH" ask wrote in message
That is what it has been most of this month. We have not been out on the
boat since July 31st. We already set a record for rainfall for the month
of August and still have 9 days to go. The Lake is chunred up and full of
logs and large branches coming off swollen rivers making it unsafe for
boaters. Maybe it will be better by the end of the week.

Here, my boating time is being stolen by windows that need painting,
preparing for roof installation, putting up fencing to keep the friggin'
deer away from the vegetables, getting kid off to college, tree trimming,
band practice. This is ridiculous. The boat's growing mold.

JimH August 22nd 07 10:52 PM

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"JimH" ask wrote in message
That is what it has been most of this month. We have not been out on
the boat since July 31st. We already set a record for rainfall for the
month of August and still have 9 days to go. The Lake is chunred up and
full of logs and large branches coming off swollen rivers making it
unsafe for boaters. Maybe it will be better by the end of the week.

Here, my boating time is being stolen by windows that need painting,
preparing for roof installation, putting up fencing to keep the friggin'
deer away from the vegetables, getting kid off to college, tree trimming,
band practice. This is ridiculous. The boat's growing mold.

Ouch! Sounds like an expensive summer.

Don White August 23rd 07 12:48 AM

"JimH" ask wrote in message
That is what it has been most of this month. We have not been out on
the boat since July 31st. We already set a record for rainfall for the
month of August and still have 9 days to go. The Lake is chunred up and
full of logs and large branches coming off swollen rivers making it
unsafe for boaters. Maybe it will be better by the end of the week.

Here, my boating time is being stolen by windows that need painting,
preparing for roof installation, putting up fencing to keep the friggin'
deer away from the vegetables, getting kid off to college, tree trimming,
band practice. This is ridiculous. The boat's growing mold.

I'm just about fully converted to new vinyl vertical sliders.
No more tedious painting of sills, sashes, stoops, jambs, mutton bars etc.

Don White August 23rd 07 12:50 AM

"JimH" ask wrote in message
That is what it has been most of this month. We have not been out on
the boat since July 31st. We already set a record for rainfall for the
month of August and still have 9 days to go. The Lake is chunred up and
full of logs and large branches coming off swollen rivers making it
unsafe for boaters. Maybe it will be better by the end of the week.

Here, my boating time is being stolen by windows that need painting,
preparing for roof installation, putting up fencing to keep the friggin'
deer away from the vegetables, getting kid off to college, tree trimming,
band practice. This is ridiculous. The boat's growing mold.

Will you do your own roofing??
My turn is coming up in a year or so. Since we have a two story house with
a 9 in 12 roof pitch, I'll probably hire someone to do it.

JoeSpareBedroom August 23rd 07 01:02 AM

"JimH" ask wrote in message
That is what it has been most of this month. We have not been out on
the boat since July 31st. We already set a record for rainfall for the
month of August and still have 9 days to go. The Lake is chunred up and
full of logs and large branches coming off swollen rivers making it
unsafe for boaters. Maybe it will be better by the end of the week.

Here, my boating time is being stolen by windows that need painting,
preparing for roof installation, putting up fencing to keep the friggin'
deer away from the vegetables, getting kid off to college, tree trimming,
band practice. This is ridiculous. The boat's growing mold.

Will you do your own roofing??
My turn is coming up in a year or so. Since we have a two story house
with a 9 in 12 roof pitch, I'll probably hire someone to do it.

Nah...it would take too long. I don't want the house uncovered for more than
a day or a day and a half. No place to rent enormous tarps around here. And,
I'm having a ridge vent installed. That's not in my current skill set.

JoeSpareBedroom August 23rd 07 01:02 AM

Small craft warnings or rain

"John H." wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:33:46 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"JimH" ask wrote in message
. ..
That is what it has been most of this month. We have not been out on
the
boat since July 31st. We already set a record for rainfall for the
month
of August and still have 9 days to go. The Lake is chunred up and full
of
logs and large branches coming off swollen rivers making it unsafe for
boaters. Maybe it will be better by the end of the week.

Here, my boating time is being stolen by windows that need painting,
preparing for roof installation, putting up fencing to keep the friggin'
deer away from the vegetables, getting kid off to college, tree trimming,
band practice. This is ridiculous. The boat's growing mold.

Maybe a little less political bickering would provide some boating time?
Replace the windows with the plastic framed variety, let the deer eat what
they want and buy your veggies at the local farmer's market, wave goodbye
to the kid, who should be able to do his own packing, let the trees grow,
and go boating. Easy!
--
John H

Go **** yourself, diaper boy.

JoeSpareBedroom August 23rd 07 01:36 AM

Small craft warnings or rain

If anyone ever asks how you spend your days, how will you explain that you
police a newsgroup, rather than doing something constructive with your life?