Default Will insurance cover blown motor?

I have had the boat for a about a month now. It has a 5.0 Ford
Injected with a Volvo Penta. I was out of San Diego the other day and
ended up in a Kelp bed. I know. I am a moron. Anyway, as I was going
through the kelp I noticed an increase in temp. I shut it off and when
I went to restart it would not turn over. We got a tow in and when we
were almost back to shore, about an hour and a half later I tried to
turn it over and it turned over fine, it just won't fire. To get to
the point, my mechanic said I overheated it and maybe collapsed the
rings. I am curious if this is something that insurance would cover
under collision? I have Progressive. Thanks
Doug Meredith

read your policy. see what they DON'T cover. I've seen engines
replaced for this same kind of thing under insurance, but most policies
are worded so its a gray area.

How long was your engine overheated for? a short time less than a
minute or 2 should not have done enough damage to cause major engine
damage.