Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Cute kid story

I've been spending quite a bit of time on Mrs.E.'s GB in Scituate. My
summer project has been to slowly refinish all the interior teak ...
sanding, varnishing, etc. and I often spend 2 or 3 days at a time on the
boat.

A couple of weeks ago a boat was put in the slip beside me. The owner is
brand new to boating and is learning the "ropes" so to speak. He brings his
5 year old son with him and he has been busy cleaning and fixing up his new
pride and joy. Several times I've answered questions, helped out and have
even gone out with him (at his request) to give some basic lessons on how to
handle the boat while docking, etc.

The 5 year old has decided that I am his pal. He shouts out my name
whenever he sees me and strikes up a conversation, discussing everything a 5
year old is interested in.

The other day Mrs. E. came down to the boat. She was sitting up on the bow
when Owen (the 5 year old) showed up with his Dad. Owen stopped dead in
his tracks on the dock, pointed at Mrs. E. and yelled out to his father:

"Hey, look ..... he has a Lady!"

Eisboch

OT / Soooo Cute! Ellen MacArthur ASA 0 February 15th 07 01:30 AM
OT...but cute! PocoLoco General 3 September 1st 05 07:51 PM
Cute story: Friend's visit to the dentist qrk General 1 June 22nd 05 07:37 PM
( OT ) The story might have been different Jim General 0 April 5th 04 04:22 PM