Default Fishing Report - Watch Hill Light House

We hiked out to Watch Hill light house in Rhode Island this afternoon
and there were 4 or 5 guys surf casting from the rocks below the
light. They were catching small 16 to 18 inch stripers almost as fast
as they could get their lines back in the water. There must have been
hundreds of them out there.

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 19:04:42 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

We hiked out to Watch Hill light house in Rhode Island this afternoon
and there were 4 or 5 guys surf casting from the rocks below the
light. They were catching small 16 to 18 inch stripers almost as fast
as they could get their lines back in the water. There must have been
hundreds of them out there.

Are they legal there? Here, the minimum is 18". During trophy season, it's
28".
--
John H

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 19:11:32 -0500, John H.
wrote:

Are they legal there?

All of the ones that I saw were being released. They were having a
lot of fun catching however.

These guys were taking a lot of risks wading into the surf on slippery
rocks to land the fish.

wrote:

Are they legal there?

All of the ones that I saw were being released. They were having a
lot of fun catching however.

These guys were taking a lot of risks wading into the surf on slippery
rocks to land the fish.

Oh, OK. In the bay we'll find them under bait fish, and have a blast
throwing light jigs at them. We call them 'schoolies'. Fun to catch,
especially for kids, and maybe one of a dozen will reach the 28" mark if
stretched a mite.
--
John H

wrote:

We hiked out to Watch Hill light house in Rhode Island this afternoon
and there were 4 or 5 guys surf casting from the rocks below the
light. They were catching small 16 to 18 inch stripers almost as fast
as they could get their lines back in the water. There must have been
hundreds of them out there.

That is prime striper country in the spring and fall. Something to do
with the way Block Island Sound enters and passes the Westerly Reef.

Those rocks are tricky, I'll tell you what.

But a great place to take pictures from.

Oh...fishing report. HK General 11 August 4th 07 10:49 PM
The Fishing Report Joe ASA 0 May 25th 07 03:31 PM
Fishing report for today.... JoeSpareBedroom General 3 June 23rd 06 08:06 PM
i was scolding books to light Georgette, who's laughing without the kettle's hill Sick Teenager ASA 0 April 8th 05 11:42 AM
Baja Fishing House w/dock 28K Gary and Karen Boyles General 4 November 28th 04 03:16 AM