Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jack Rye

Default When trailering my boat my engine cannot be tilted all the way down. HELP!!

The tilt lever your referring to is only used at sea and temporary support.
Not during trailering. Buy a transom saver and rest your engine on that
when towing. SWIVL-EZE MARINE makes a unique transom saver that doesn't
tie the boat's outboard to the trailer. Prevents "Trailer Shock" when the
boat and trailer get out of sync. They are made to fit Mercury engines
only.

Jack

"Basspro*" wrote in message
om...
When I trailer my boat, I cannot tilt the engine all the way down due
to the trailer being too low to the ground. If I were to tilt it down
like everybody says to do, the skeg and the propeller would grind into
the pavement/road. Would it be better to tilt it slightly up but still
somewhat down for just enough clearance or would it be better to tilt
it all the way up and use the small lock lever thats built into the
engine. By the way, my engine is a Mercury 90 hp Sal****er series (2
stroke). I want to put as little stress on the transom as possible. My
idea is that if Mercury has included this safety lever it must be okay
to trailer it tilted all the way up and locked on the lever. Am I
right making this assumption?