posted to alt.sailing

Default Need a way to hang lines

I am looking for some easy way to hang my dock lines on the boat while I go out
sailing. I saw some clips at West and Coleman that can hang from a pulpit or
lifeline,
but they kind of squish the line making it hard to pick up quickly and toss on
the dock.

Sherwin D.

posted to alt.sailing

Coil it properly. See video
http://www.videos.sailingcourse.com/coiling_wmv1.htm. Then use a Rolling
Hitch (similar to a rolling hitch) around the life
line!http://www.videos.sailingcourse.com/taut_wmv1.htm

DP

"sherwindu" wrote in message
I am looking for some easy way to hang my dock lines on the boat while I go
out
sailing. I saw some clips at West and Coleman that can hang from a pulpit
or
lifeline,
but they kind of squish the line making it hard to pick up quickly and
toss on
the dock.

Sherwin D.

posted to alt.sailing

Coil the line. Then hold the coiled line in front of the lifeline with
the top of the coil above the lifeline. Reach through the top of the
coil, behind the lifeline, and pull the bottom of the coil through the
space between the top of the coil and the lifeline.
posted to alt.sailing

I coil my mainsheet when docked, as well as any lines to stern rail--- coil
and then just use clove hitch
to hang the coil- works well for me.
"sherwindu" wrote in message
I am looking for some easy way to hang my dock lines on the boat while I go
out
sailing. I saw some clips at West and Coleman that can hang from a pulpit
or
lifeline,
but they kind of squish the line making it hard to pick up quickly and
toss on
the dock.

Sherwin D.

Proof readers, ahoy! Chuck Gould General 1 December 1st 06 11:32 PM
slip or mooring costs Parallax Cruising 42 March 29th 04 05:16 PM
The Real Imposter! Anonymous ASA 2 November 3rd 03 08:56 AM
Scout, Bertie's sock? Bertie the Bunyip ASA 5 September 27th 03 04:38 PM
The Lay of Völund Bertie the Bunyip ASA 0 September 25th 03 02:19 AM