Default Checkmate Boats

Hi-

I'm a lifelong boater and skier. I've had many runabouts, skiboats, even
sailboats and Jetskis!. I've always been interested in the sporty, fast
style of the smaller (around 18') Checkmate boats with an outboard engine.
I don't see too many here in North Carolina, but I'm sure they're around.

I'm thinking about looking for a older, 1980's model that I could completely
restore over the fall and winter. I've restored an old skiboat, so I have a
pretty good idea what is involved, however, I'm not too knowledgeable with
regard to the outboards. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of these
boats? Are there any particular years that should be avoided? Any particular
model boat that holds interest to anyone?

Thanks

Mark

A few new pictures Joe ASA 29 March 15th 07 12:22 AM
Google proves MacGregor 26 is flimsy Ellen MacArthur ASA 299 December 16th 06 07:13 PM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 May 21st 06 05:23 AM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 February 18th 06 05:27 AM
"How to steal your own boats..." (Wilko Sized Trip Report) Wilko Whitewater 0 April 8th 04 07:43 PM