news.wildblue.net news.wildblue.net is offline

Default Checkmate Boats

they make good boats. How fast do you want to go?

wrote in message
Hi-

I'm a lifelong boater and skier. I've had many runabouts, skiboats, even
sailboats and Jetskis!. I've always been interested in the sporty, fast
style of the smaller (around 18') Checkmate boats with an outboard engine.
I don't see too many here in North Carolina, but I'm sure they're around.

I'm thinking about looking for a older, 1980's model that I could
completely restore over the fall and winter. I've restored an old skiboat,
so I have a pretty good idea what is involved, however, I'm not too
knowledgeable with regard to the outboards. Does anyone have any first
hand knowledge of these boats? Are there any particular years that should
be avoided? Any particular model boat that holds interest to anyone?

Thanks

Mark