HK HK is offline

Default Gonzales Names Nifong New U.S. Attorney

Gonzales Appoints Newly Available Nifong as US Attorney

Durham, NC (APE) - In a surprise move today, US Attorney General Alberto
Gonzales announced that he would be making a special appointment of
former District Attorney Mike Nifong to serve as a US Attorney. Gonzales
had flown to Durham from the nation's capitol to make the announcement
outside the Durham Federal Courthouse. A tearful Nifong had earlier
resigned his position as District Attorney during a special hearing into
his conduct over the mishandling of the alleged Duke Lacrosse Team rape
of an exotic dancer .

Nifong admitted to former suspects and their families that at one point,
"it got out of hand."

Gonzales praised Nifong for his zeal and abilities in attempting to
bring forward a difficult case. "Mike is an example of just the kind of
US Attorney we're looking for... one who won't be afraid to go after the
tough new issues of illegal immigration and voter fraud... in a creative
manner if need be."

Nifong was appointed by Gonzales just before president Bush signed
S.214, a law passed overwhelmingly by both the House and Senate which
overturned provisions in the Patriot Act that allowed Gonzales the
ability to appoint US attorneys without congressional oversight.

"Mike, who is a Democrat, should go a long way towards restoring
bi-partisan confidence in the Department of Justice," stated Gonzales.
"The President takes great pleasure in his(Nifong's) future service."

Read More at www.unconfirmedsources.com

:}

Harry, I am glad you did't waste your weekend boating or you would not
have been able to post this very interesting political troll.

It looks like you have spent every weekend this year posting in
rec.boats, isn't it time you just sold YoHo?

Read More at www.unconfirmedsources.com

The Onion wannabees.

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 07:07:30 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

It looks like you have spent every weekend this year posting in
rec.boats, isn't it time you just sold YoHo?

I'd but it but for a couple of things.

1 - It's a Parker.

2 - It has a Yamaha.

Other than that, it's a nice boat...
HK HK is offline

Read More at www.unconfirmedsources.com

The Onion wannabees.

If so, they've got a way to go. Actually, I might have thought of this
first. Weeks ago, I was thinking, "Nifong would be perfect for the Bush
justice department."

wrote:

It looks like you have spent every weekend this year posting in
rec.boats, isn't it time you just sold YoHo?

I'd but it but for a couple of things.

1 - It's a Parker.

2 - It has a Yamaha.

Other than that, it's a nice boat...

I like the classic lines of the Parker, but really don't know how it
would do in chop or heavy seas. I own a Bubble Boat, which has great
room down below, but you do have to walk carefully on the cabin deck.
This is no big deal for me, since I am not a fisherman and really use
the boat for long weekends or just rafting up in a quiet cove.

I have a marininzed I/O, but I do like the simplicity of the 4 stroke,
have you compared the current weight of the 4 stroke vs 2 stroke engines?

wrote:

It looks like you have spent every weekend this year posting in
rec.boats, isn't it time you just sold YoHo?

I'd but it but for a couple of things.

1 - It's a Parker.

2 - It has a Yamaha.

Other than that, it's a nice boat...

I like the classic lines of the Parker, but really don't know how it
would do in chop or heavy seas. I own a Bubble Boat, which has great
room down below, but you do have to walk carefully on the cabin deck.
This is no big deal for me, since I am not a fisherman and really use
the boat for long weekends or just rafting up in a quiet cove.

I have a marininzed I/O, but I do like the simplicity of the 4 stroke,
have you compared the current weight of the 4 stroke vs 2 stroke engines?

My whole thing about Parker's is that for a no frills basic hole in
the water, they are way overpriced.

Not to mention zero styling.

As to outboards, two strokes are in general lighter than four strokes,
but not by much. ETECs are about 100 to 110 pounds lighter than
competing four strokes - I mean what's a hundred pounds on 3,000
pounds of boat? Not much.

wrote:

It looks like you have spent every weekend this year posting in
rec.boats, isn't it time you just sold YoHo?
I'd but it but for a couple of things.

1 - It's a Parker.

2 - It has a Yamaha.

Other than that, it's a nice boat...

I like the classic lines of the Parker, but really don't know how it
would do in chop or heavy seas. I own a Bubble Boat, which has great
room down below, but you do have to walk carefully on the cabin deck.
This is no big deal for me, since I am not a fisherman and really use
the boat for long weekends or just rafting up in a quiet cove.

I have a marininzed I/O, but I do like the simplicity of the 4 stroke,
have you compared the current weight of the 4 stroke vs 2 stroke engines?

My whole thing about Parker's is that for a no frills basic hole in
the water, they are way overpriced.

I have not seen them in person, but they do look over priced unless they
are built as a tank/battlewagon for bluewater fishing, which is hard to
imagine considering the size.

wrote:

[...]

I almost responded, but then I noticed "Smithers" was involved here.
There's no reason to facilitate an axxhole like that...

wrote:

[...]

Harry,
Are you upset because your political troll turned into a boating discussion?