Default Top Ten Boat Names for 2006

Wonder if you have thought up an "original" boat name?

Not if it's one of these.

Each year BoatUS creates vinyl transome lettering for boats and
publishes a list of the 10 most popular (but least original) names
from the previous year.

**********************

NEWS From BoatU.S.
Boat Owners Association of The United States
880 S. Pickett St., Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatU.S. News Room at http://www.BoatUS.com/news/releases.asp

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Press Contact: Scott Croft, 703-461-2864,
Date: March 1, 2007

BOATU.S. ANNUAL LIST OF TOP TEN BOAT NAMES

BoatU.S., the nation's largest recreational boat owners association,
announced today its "2006 Top Ten List of Most Popular Boat Names".
Housing slumps, high gas prices, stock market surges, and spinach
scares made national headlines during the year, but that didn't faze
recreational boaters in selecting feel-good names for their vessels.
Their number one choice was Aquaholic, illustrating boater's chronic
love for the waterways. The name has appeared on the Top Ten List for
five consecutive years - and it's also the second time it's taken the
number one slot.

Number five on this year's list, Happy Hours, has appeared on the list
seven times since 1991, when the BoatU.S. Graphics and Lettering
department, which makes custom boat graphics and has a database of
7,400 monikers, first started tracking boat names. All of the
remaining top five, Second Wind (#2), Reel Time (#3), and Hakuna
Matata (#4, which means "no worries, troubles, problems or cares" in
Swahili) have appeared on the annual list at least once, as well as
#10, Pura Vida (which means "pure life").

Notable newcomers that made the list for the first time include Knot
Working (#6), Life is Good (#7), Plan B (#8), and Second Chance (#9).
"It's interesting to see how boaters creatively express their passion
for the boating lifestyle through the name of their boat," said
BoatU.S. President Nancy Michelman, "And these newcomers are perfect
examples," she added.

The "2006 Top Ten List of Most Popular Boat Names" is as follows:

1.) Aquaholic
2.) Second Wind
3.) Reel Time
4.) Hakuna Matata
5.) Happy Hours
6.) Knot Working
7.) Life is Good
8.) Plan B
9.) Second Chance
10.) Pura Vida

#10, Pura Vida (which means "pure life").

Notable newcomers that made the list for the first time include Knot
Working (#6), Life is Good (#7), Plan B (#8), and Second Chance (#9).
"It's interesting to see how boaters creatively express their passion
for the boating lifestyle through the name of their boat," said
BoatU.S. President Nancy Michelman, "And these newcomers are perfect
examples," she added.

The "2006 Top Ten List of Most Popular Boat Names" is as follows:

1.) Aquaholic
2.) Second Wind
3.) Reel Time
4.) Hakuna Matata
5.) Happy Hours
6.) Knot Working
7.) Life is Good
8.) Plan B
9.) Second Chance
10.) Pura Vida

A local guy here has a 23' Rinker named "OHMYAKINASS", another local
at Carlyle lake has some kind of bubble boat named "WALLETBUSTER",
There's another named "MONEYBUCKET"

On 1 Mar 2007 14:42:35 -0800, "Chuck Gould"
wrote:

The "2006 Top Ten List of Most Popular Boat Names" is as follows:

4.) Hakuna Matata
5.) Happy Hours
7.) Life is Good
10.) Pura Vida

These have to be the saddest names for boats I've ever seen.

wrote:

The "2006 Top Ten List of Most Popular Boat Names" is as follows:

4.) Hakuna Matata
5.) Happy Hours
7.) Life is Good
10.) Pura Vida

These have to be the saddest names for boats I've ever seen.

The sickest.......on the Vermilion River............."Cum Aboard" with sperm
graphics surrounding it. Sick.

wrote:

The "2006 Top Ten List of Most Popular Boat Names" is as follows:

4.) Hakuna Matata
5.) Happy Hours
7.) Life is Good
10.) Pura Vida

These have to be the saddest names for boats I've ever seen.

The sickest.......on the Vermilion River............."Cum Aboard" with
sperm graphics surrounding it. Sick.

OSU football recruiting boat?

wrote:

The "2006 Top Ten List of Most Popular Boat Names" is as follows:

4.) Hakuna Matata
5.) Happy Hours
7.) Life is Good
10.) Pura Vida

These have to be the saddest names for boats I've ever seen.

The sickest.......on the Vermilion River............."Cum Aboard" with sperm
graphics surrounding it. Sick.

Nope...it would have to be..."Feminine Spray II " The saddest I've
ever seen.

wrote:

The "2006 Top Ten List of Most Popular Boat Names" is as follows:

4.) Hakuna Matata
5.) Happy Hours
7.) Life is Good
10.) Pura Vida

These have to be the saddest names for boats I've ever seen.

The sickest.......on the Vermilion River............."Cum Aboard" with sperm
graphics surrounding it. Sick.

Nope...it would have to be..."Feminine Spray II " The saddest I've
ever seen.

Whoa. Hadn't given much thought to boat names - don't see any here in
the basement. But when I get my boat, I'll be careful.

--Vic
dt dt is offline

wrote:

The "2006 Top Ten List of Most Popular Boat Names" is as follows:

4.) Hakuna Matata
5.) Happy Hours
7.) Life is Good
10.) Pura Vida

These have to be the saddest names for boats I've ever seen.

The sickest.......on the Vermilion River............."Cum Aboard" with sperm
graphics surrounding it. Sick.

Nope...it would have to be..."Feminine Spray II " The saddest I've
ever seen.

Whoa. Hadn't given much thought to boat names - don't see any here in
the basement. But when I get my boat, I'll be careful.

--Vic

I'm thinkin' about KMAI BABIGOTS.

"The mystery masked man was smart
He got himself a Tonto
'Cause Tonto did the dirty work for free
But Tonto he was smarter
And one day said kemo sabe
Kiss My Ass I Bought A Boat
I'm Going Out To Sea"-L. Lovett

DT

#10, Pura Vida (which means "pure life").

http://www.ravencruise.com/our_boat_name_collection.htm

On Mar 1, 5:42 pm, "Chuck Gould" wrote:

The "2006 Top Ten List of Most Popular Boat Names" is as follows:

The worst I ever saw was "Pink Slit."

rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 May 21st 06 05:23 AM
Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
Essentials of a Marine Boat Alarm System Rick Curtis Electronics 19 February 23rd 04 09:42 AM