BoatBanter.com

-   -   We are now all Homeland Secuirty Threats (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/81161-we-now-all-homeland-secuirty-threats.html)

JoeSpareBedroom June 1st 07 02:29 AM

We are now all Homeland Secuirty Threats

"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote in message
In message ups.com,
Chuck
Gould sprach forth the following:

Bringing it 'round to my boat: If you're the government, you just
don't want to mess with my boat. Doesn't matter if you're GWB,
Hillary, Barak, Mitt, McCain, or whoever...stay the hell away from my
boat.

This is the problem with Dems and Reps - they only care about their own ox
being gored. Restrictions and government meddling are just fine when they
affect others... and then YOU wonder why YOU'RE the next target and nobody
else understands YOUR plight.

ANOTHER reason to vote for Ron Paul.

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYN's
aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."—Sept.
6, 2004, Poplar Bluff, Mo.

Maybe President Nookular was right.

Duke Nukem June 1st 07 02:38 AM

We are now all Homeland Secuirty Threats

On 01 Jun 2007 00:53:14 GMT, "Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute"
wrote:

ANOTHER reason to vote for Ron Paul.

Rue Paul is running for President?

Chuck Gould June 1st 07 03:54 AM

We are now all Homeland Secuirty Threats

On May 31, 5:54�pm, "RCE" wrote:
"Chuck Gould" wrote in message

ups.com...

I find the concept of placing a transponder on my boat so that the
government can keep track of where I go and when a gross violation of
privacy as well as an insult. Screw 'em if they try, and regardless of
whichever gang of thieves is in office at that moment. :-)

Many newer automobiles and trucks have GPS devices that transmit your
location, speed, etc. to whoever is interested and can receive the data.

Freedom and equal opportunity with personal assumption of responsibility are
rights well worth protecting and improving upon. *An equal rights welfare
state simply because you exist is not because in the end freedom is lost and
opportunity is determined and controlled by those with power.

Eisboch

We probably agree quite a bit here. Nobody should be the beneficiary
of government largesse or fed from a public trough due solely to an
accident of birth or station in life, whether it be high or low.

That's why boating makes so darn much sense in life. You're more the
master of your own fate than in most other pursuits.

JimH June 1st 07 03:58 AM

We are now all Homeland Secuirty Threats

"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote in message
In message , Duke Nukem
sprach forth the following:

wrote:

ANOTHER reason to vote for Ron Paul.

Rue Paul is running for President?

That would've been funny if you'd spelled hir name correctly.

And your reply would have been even funnier if you spelled the word *his*
correctly. Idiot.

JoeSpareBedroom June 1st 07 04:16 AM

We are now all Homeland Secuirty Threats

"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote in message
In message , JoeSpareBedroom sprach
forth the following:

"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote in message
In message ups.com,
Chuck
Gould sprach forth the following:

Bringing it 'round to my boat: If you're the government, you just
don't want to mess with my boat. Doesn't matter if you're GWB,
Hillary, Barak, Mitt, McCain, or whoever...stay the hell away from my
boat.

This is the problem with Dems and Reps - they only care about their
own ox being gored. Restrictions and government meddling are just
fine when they affect others... and then YOU wonder why YOU'RE the
next target and nobody else understands YOUR plight.

ANOTHER reason to vote for Ron Paul.

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYN's
aren't able to practice their love with women all across the
country."—Sept. 6, 2004, Poplar Bluff, Mo.

Just for the record,

(a) the quote is from George W. Bush;

(b) Ron Paul is an OB/Gyn.

Maybe President Nookular was right.

Carter or W?

W. I know the quote's from it. Not him. It.

John H. June 1st 07 01:32 PM

We are now all Homeland Secuirty Threats

On Thu, 31 May 2007 17:32:21 -0700, Chuck Gould

With all due respect, John, that's because you use a highly biased
definition of "liberal". Not your fault, you're simply repeating
something you hear all day every day.

Sorry, Chuck. I guess you couldn't see my tongue buried in my cheek. :)

I don't like the idea of transponders in boats either. But, I didn't like
the idea of recorders in my car telling anyone exactly how I've driven for
the last 15000 miles either.

I think the ones coming up with this idea are the same foolish idiots
wanting to inspect every container after it's unloaded in a port. Once
there, it's too late. Once a boat filled with explosives is under a bridge
or alongside a cruise ship, or anchored close to a refinery, it's too late.

JoeSpareBedroom June 1st 07 02:33 PM

[...]

Carter was saying "Nookular" 30 years ago.

Yes, I know. But Carter's language problems were rare, compared to the chimp
who's in the White House now.

JoeSpareBedroom June 1st 07 06:55 PM

We are now all Homeland Secuirty Threats

wrote in message
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:33:10 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Carter was saying "Nookular" 30 years ago.

Yes, I know. But Carter's language problems were rare, compared to the
chimp
who's in the White House now.

It is intertesting that we didn't criticize him for saying he was a
"nookular emgineer" when he ran for president. I guess we all thought
that was how you said it in those days. I noticed a lot of newscasters
saying the same thing in a 70s documentary that talked about 3MI

54% will accept anything. Anything at all, especially if they see it on TV,
which validates everything.

JoeSpareBedroom June 1st 07 08:12 PM

We are now all Homeland Secuirty Threats

wrote in message
On 01 Jun 2007 18:10:18 GMT, "Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute"
wrote:

"nookular emgineer" when he ran for president. I guess we all thought
that was how you said it in those days.

I was 13 when Carter was elected and I knew the proper pronounciation.

I was corrected about it 20 years earlier than that but they actually
taught science in my school in those days.
I just assumed it was only pedantic people who worried about it.
"Irregardless" it is "simular" to a lot of other mispronunciations I
hear every day ... but my inlaws are from Indiana ;-)

"He lives acrost from my house".

"Alls I want is coffee".

"I would've boughten some, but I ran out of cash".

HK June 1st 07 08:16 PM

wrote:

"nookular emgineer" when he ran for president. I guess we all thought
that was how you said it in those days.
I was 13 when Carter was elected and I knew the proper pronounciation.

I was corrected about it 20 years earlier than that but they actually
taught science in my school in those days.
I just assumed it was only pedantic people who worried about it.
"Irregardless" it is "simular" to a lot of other mispronunciations I
hear every day ... but my inlaws are from Indiana ;-)

"He lives acrost from my house".

"Alls I want is coffee".

"I would've boughten some, but I ran out of cash".

The main difference between Bush and Carter is that Carter wasn't and
isn't an idiot.