Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Fine Tuning 1999 Johnson 60

I'm hoping someone can explain a few things about this: I've replace
the plugs, rebuilt all 3 carbs, cleaned fuel pump and changed lower
unit oil...
Now, today I fine tuned the low speed jets to where it stopped
bucking and smoothed out. I don't know what the intermediate oriface
( small brass screw at top of carb ) is for or where to set it! Also,
what should I watch for to avoid a lean condition? I've adjusted the
metal linkage off the 3 carbs so that the rod touches the black
plastic throttle plate, not sure if I needed to do that or not though,
does this give it too much air?
Any advise about fine tuning will be a huge help since this is my
first outboard... Tach will go to 5.5 now and runs fast and smooth on
the water, I just want to be sure it's adjusted and running safely
( no lean conditions )- Thanks!

1999 Johnson 60 Horse Outboard [email protected] General 0 May 26th 07 08:57 PM
HELP! - 1979 Johnson Javlin 100hp - Intermittent starting problem [email protected] General 11 September 11th 06 08:57 PM
Johnson & Evinrude V6 engines - Gasket Set GMails Boat Building 0 December 27th 05 01:07 PM
Only Slightly OT Jim General 1 November 19th 03 04:18 AM
1999 Evinrude 225 fuel flow prob?? Almus Kenter General 1 August 7th 03 08:32 PM