Default Zone Alarm

Hey Harry, was that you on the ZA forum on 5/16 saying the Vista beta
is s-l-o-w.
I was wondering if I should try it.
I am a long time za user and have prolly 8 months left on my ZA Pro
subscription.
I wish they could get it working.
However they are not the only one with vista probs.
Nvidia doesn't have a good driver for my $600 8800GTX.

Regards,

BTW, sold my Luhrs 320T, currently boatless. Got grandkids now and no
time for a boat on the coast. I'm looking at trailer boats.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
Hey Harry, was that you on the ZA forum on 5/16 saying the Vista beta
is s-l-o-w.
I was wondering if I should try it.
I am a long time za user and have prolly 8 months left on my ZA Pro
subscription.
I wish they could get it working.
However they are not the only one with vista probs.
Nvidia doesn't have a good driver for my $600 8800GTX.

Regards,

BTW, sold my Luhrs 320T, currently boatless. Got grandkids now and no
time for a boat on the coast. I'm looking at trailer boats.

Indeed it was.

I was using ZA with my XP setup, and it worked well there. When I went to
VISTA, I thought I'd give the ZA Vista beta a good workout, but I was
offput by its slowness at boot up and the delays in opening programs, plus
the seemingly endless crashes of the beta (but not VISTA). So I tried a
few other suites this past week, including those from AVG, et cetera, and
right now am playing around with Kaspersky's suite. I'm using the 6.0
version that works with VISTA, not the "7" beta. So far it seems to be
working just fine. It's fast, the updates work well, and it has a
reasonable interface. There's a 30-day free trial.

I got an agreement out of ZA to extend my paid subscription by six months
or until six months after the release of the ZA retail for VISTA. When the
retail version comes out, I'll look it over.

Does these other suites include a firewall which also:
****CONTROLS OUTBOUND ACTIVITY*****???

HK wrote:
wrote:
[...]

It does look like Vista is more trouble than it is worth. This is the
reason why some mfg'ers are now offering XP on their new machines.

HK HK is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
[...]

Ahh. Yes, both the ZA beta and the Kaspersky release version do. For
some strange reason, the firewall MS packed in with VISTA does not.
Weird, eh?

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
[...]

Not that weird. Some products are sold because somebody will buy them, not
because there's anything compelling about them.

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
[...]

Why not use a hardware firewall?

HK HK is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
[...]

Ahh. Well, I have no regrets about leaving XP behind. I've been running
VISTA for months now, without one serious glitch. I have a lot of
hardware connected up, and tons of software, too, most of it holdovers
from XP or even Win2k. It all works.

I've read about a lot of the problems some others are having. The
majority seem to be related to users who install VISTA over an existing
earlier MS OS, now with those who did a clean install.

"JimH" wrote in message

"D.Duck" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
[...]

In my experience being on the Internet for over 20 years I have never run a
software firewall. Always used a good anti-virus program. Since having my
home PCs networked I have of course had the protection of it's firewall.

Knock on wood I have never had a virus or any other type of unwanted
intrusion.

I religiously run Spy-Bot and HiJack This. Again never found anything
nefarious.

350 Alpha/Bravo I MerCruiser Alarm? Larry General 2 June 5th 06 08:18 PM
350 Mercruiser Alarm Larry General 0 May 30th 06 12:38 PM
350 Mercruiser Alarm Larry General 0 May 30th 06 12:37 PM
Essentials of a Marine Boat Alarm System Rick Curtis Electronics 19 February 23rd 04 09:42 AM
Mercruiser V6 Alarm.... Greg General 4 November 10th 03 04:25 AM