Default Fishing Advice

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Do not clean brown trout and because you're in a rush to get dinner ready,
leave the fish guts in the bucket in the garage until the next day.
Especially when it's 90 degrees.

You heard it first right here.

I've also learned that leavin the chum block on the dock while unloading
the rest of the gear is not a good idea either. The dog musta thought it
was a giant popicle without a stick. And with no thumbs, he helped
himself to quite a sampling.

p.s. Anyone have an issue with their dog anxious for the taste of bait?
Senior Member

On May 25, 11:52 am, DownTime wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Do not clean brown trout and because you're in a rush to get dinner ready,
leave the fish guts in the bucket in the garage until the next day.
Especially when it's 90 degrees.

You heard it first right here.

I've also learned that leavin the chum block on the dock while unloading
the rest of the gear is not a good idea either. The dog musta thought it
was a giant popicle without a stick. And with no thumbs, he helped
himself to quite a sampling.

p.s. Anyone have an issue with their dog anxious for the taste of bait?

Yeah, old fellow had a dog named Jake down in Westbrook, Jake ate
butterfish, bunker, and any other bait or food sent his way. We got
birds down here that will come and grab your bait too.

Senior Member

On May 25, 11:48 am, wrote:
On May 25, 11:35 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

wrote in message

roups.com...

On May 24, 7:49 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

groups.com...

On May 24, 4:09 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
Do not clean brown trout and because you're in a rush to get dinner
ready,
leave the fish guts in the bucket in the garage until the next day.
Especially when it's 90 degrees.

You heard it first right here.

Why would you keep a brown anyway, they taste like cardboard in my
opinion. Does it work for brookies, or rainbows, I keep them?

Where and when have you caught browns? Don't say "a stream". I'm asking
about specific locations, and times of year.

Ok...??? The mouth of the Menuntekesic (sp?) river in Clinton CT,
below the trout management area, early weeks of fishing season. The
fish and game club, which is stocked, same time of year. Sounds like
you don't beleive I fish? I suck, but I fish a lot more than most
folks and I know what a brown is, and they suck, taste like ****,
period, in my opinion.

I don't doubt that you fish. But, "taste like cardboard" was a broad
generalization. The ones we ate the other day tasted like a milder version
of salmon. Remarkably good.- Hide quoted text -

Taste like cardboard may be a broad genralization, but "in my opinion"
I thought was pretty clear I think brownies taste like crap, in my
opinion. I keep very few of the fish I catch anyway, mostly if the
kids get a good one, then too, I usually talk them into releasing
most.- Hide quoted text -

Want to also note, I am no activist (for fish anyway), I eat a few
every year of my own catch and as often as possible from the seafood
store.

Anyone have an issue with their dog anxious for the taste of bait?

So far, the only thing that my dog (German Shepherd) will not eat is
lettuce. A chum block would be absolute heaven for him.

He's convinced that cat tastes good as well, 'cause he's always chasing ours
around the house. :-)

--Mike

"DownTime" wrote in message
. ..

Shark Fishing? Wayne.B General 7 April 13th 07 08:29 AM
Fishing Hook Safety Vic Smith General 43 April 10th 07 02:28 AM
Fishing The Carolina Coast Capt. Dave General 3 November 10th 04 08:48 PM
Fishing near Shallotte NC on Apr 14th? DSK General 9 April 19th 04 04:54 PM
Marchaj fishing boat data? William R. Watt Boat Building 2 December 15th 03 03:58 PM