Default Sea Ray - or what else?

On Wed, 16 May 2007 01:17:55 +0200, Marc Heusser
alid wrote:

What other brands would you recommend - given that I come from sailing
and prefer well built, no frills boats (but they have to have some
comfort)?

http://www.swsports.org/images/Halman/gallery/

alid wrote:

What other brands would you recommend - given that I come from sailing
and prefer well built, no frills boats (but they have to have some
comfort)?

http://www.swsports.org/images/Halman/gallery/

I would probably offer you $700 for it. ;-)

On May 15, 4:22 pm, Gene Kearns
wrote:
On Wed, 16 May 2007 01:17:55 +0200, Marc Heusser penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

Thank you for all the comments (except the flame wars :-)

What other brands would you recommend - given that I come from sailing
and prefer well built, no frills boats (but they have to have some
comfort)?

TIA

Marc

(PS As for the machine, I would love a Volvo Penta IPS system, but it
seems they are rather pricey ... it seems petrol/gasoline is just so
much cheaper than diesels I will have to settle for a Mecruiser)

I would direct you to this site Sea Ray.........http://www.yachtsurvey.com/searay_ba...re_bottoms.htm

Personally, I would shy away from them.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Gene, I believe that if you look a bit deeper into the subject you may
discover that the only Sea Rays with balsa cored bottoms are the very
largest motor yachts in the line.
It may not be appropriate to alarm a guy looking for a 20-30 foot boat
about a feature he won't find unless he steps up to about double that
LOA. Pascoe blasts Powerboat Reports for not telling the entire story,
yet he fails to mention in his article that "balsa cored bottoms" are
not found in the vast majority of new Sea Ray boats.

On May 15, 4:17 pm, Marc Heusser
alid wrote:
In article ,
Marc Heusser alid

wrote:
I'd like to get a motor boat.

The local dealer mainly sells Sea Ray.

This is for a fresh water lake in Switzerland, and I am thinking of
either a small open boat (some 20 feet) or a cabin cruiser around 30
feet.

Thank you for all the comments (except the flame wars :-)

Putting up with all of the middle-school name calling is the price you
pay for advice on this site. Some of these guys seem to come here for
no other reason. Also, caveat emptor; much of the free advice
dispensed here is worth little more than you pay for it. :-)

What other brands would you recommend - given that I come from sailing
and prefer well built, no frills boats (but they have to have some
comfort)?

TIA

Marc

(PS As for the machine, I would love a Volvo Penta IPS system, but it
seems they are rather pricey ... it seems petrol/gasoline is just so
much cheaper than diesels I will have to settle for a Mecruiser)

--
Switzerland/Europe
http://www.heusser.com