Default The Right Stuff for...

RCE wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
RCE wrote:
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:43:29 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

RCE wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
. Oh by the way, chuck you farley, still waiting for
your valuable input here.- Hide quoted text -

Oooops, sorry charlie, guess I should have read your profile before I
asked about your valuable input. Not to worry, now that I have, I
won't be holding my breath.
What's a "profile"?
It's what you used to have before you started exercising.
ROTFL!!!!

I'll have you know it took many, many years to develop that "profile".

Hey, guess what? I woke up this morning with a mission in mind. Traded
in the F-350 PSD for a "trucklet".

RCE

What did you get? Toyota?

No, but I looked at them. They are nice, especially with the new, bigger
V8, but I decided it was still too much truck for my current needs.

I got a Ford Ranger 4x4 .... "Off Road - Level II" or something like that.
I wanted a 4x4 and the ability to tow smaller trailers. This one has the
tow package, tranny cooler and a heavier suspension giving the trucklet a
higher GVW. It's rated to tow 6000 lbs, which is all I need.

It was also over $12k less than the bigger Toyota.

It's fun to buy a new vehicle when they give "you" a check along with the
new car/truck.

Eisboch

Sheesh. I had a Ford Ranger once, a really pretty "Splash" truck. If I
recall, it had a tow capacity of about 3000 pounds with a small block
V6. It was a sweet truck, trouble-free. Enjoy.

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Tue, 01 May 2007 00:03:15 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:53:02 -0400, Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:47:44 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:41:15 -0400, Charlie Morgan wrote:

It's been more than a while. 5200 is the wrong tool for almost any job you can
name on a boat other than rebedding a keel. Even that is open to intelligent
discussion. Do you arc weld your key in the ignition to make sure it won't fall
out? Brush your teeth with battery acid to make sure no food particles remain?
Really.

Hmmm....

How about, oh, sealing a T-top
Absolutely NEVER!

or a stern hung transducer attached to
a fairing block?

Possibly

Or sealing off flush cleats on the gunwale?
Absolutely NEVER!

Ok, objections noted.

Why?

Because it holds a little too well. On boats, leaks eventually develop
regardless of what you use to seal against them.To take something apart that was
put together with 5200 is extremely difficult at best, and usually results in
damage to adjoining surfaces. There are many better alternatives, including
4200.

CWM

Debond 2000. Never use 5200 without it.
Senior Member

On Apr 30, 9:35 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:31:37 -0400, Harry Krause

wrote:
RCE wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

I happen to have in dry storage, 12 pieces of 3 inch thick, 24 inch
wide, mostly clear pine which would be perfect for that project.

You'd have to resaw the planks, but they would be perfect.

I'll let you have them cheap.
A bit of overkill there. 3" thick? Sheesh.
Hey - find a mill and have them resawed.

Uh, this "deck" is a bit of cover for the anchor rode at the bow. It's
about 18" long, and maybe 18" wide at its widest point. It's shaped like
a triangle and is two pieces of maybe 1/2" pine support by a little bit of
frame. It looks original to the boat, which is at least 50 years old, and
has been living in a shed for a long, long time. The planks in the hull
are in pretty good shape, no rot, no cracks. I'm just messing around with
it at the moment.

So, buy one board from Short Wave, cut off a 2 foot section, break out your
pen knife and whittle it into shape. Plus, you'd have enough wood left over
for 5 more spare decks.

Simple.

I didn't get this far into my dotage by doing things the "Shortwave Way."

Hey!!!- Hide quoted text -

Oh well, time to go to work. I was hoping charlie would have backed up
his trolling with a solution by now, just another loud mouth a**hole I
guess. Night folks, fight nice.

RCE RCE is offline

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..

Sheesh. I had a Ford Ranger once, a really pretty "Splash" truck. If I
recall, it had a tow capacity of about 3000 pounds with a small block V6.
It was a sweet truck, trouble-free. Enjoy.

This is actually the third Ranger I've owned, the first being a 1987 model.
I like them. The first two were very reliable and also trouble-free.
I think they are going to be discontinued in the future.

Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..

Sheesh. I had a Ford Ranger once, a really pretty "Splash" truck. If I
recall, it had a tow capacity of about 3000 pounds with a small block V6.
It was a sweet truck, trouble-free. Enjoy.

Probably the same 3.0 liter V6 as I have in my 2006 Ranger.
My brother-in-law has the 4.0 liter engine in his 2007 4x4 Ranger.

RCE RCE is offline

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message

Because it holds a little too well. On boats, leaks eventually develop
regardless of what you use to seal against them.To take something apart
that was
put together with 5200 is extremely difficult at best, and usually results
in
damage to adjoining surfaces. There are many better alternatives,
including
4200.

CWM

There are times though when nothing other than 5200 will do. My wife had a
car that had a wide, rubber band on the front bumper held on by whatever
adhesive General Motors used at the time. It kept popping off despite
several attempts by the dealer to reattach it. Finally, I remembered that I
had some 5200 and smeared some onto the back side of the rubber band, then
taped it in place against the bumper until it cured. It never moved again.

Eisboch

. ..
wrote:

RCE wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
. Oh by the way, chuck you farley, still waiting for
your valuable input here.- Hide quoted text -

Oooops, sorry charlie, guess I should have read your profile before I
asked about your valuable input. Not to worry, now that I have, I
won't be holding my breath.

What's a "profile"?

It's what you used to have before you started exercising.

ROTFL!!!!

I'll have you know it took many, many years to develop that "profile".

Hey, guess what? I woke up this morning with a mission in mind. Traded
in
the F-350 PSD for a "trucklet".

Oh no - not a Toyota!!

That new Tundra is too darn big now... and up here you can't get the V6,
only the 2 V8 engines.
They start at just over $25K CDN.

wrote:

[...]

Nah - I've used 5200 for years and never had a problem. Use it for
all kinds of things including plastic plumbing.

And there is a debonder that works just fine and dandy - in fact, I
think it's called DeBond or something similar - I have some in the
garage. When I moved the fairing block for my stern mounted hi-power
transducer, used the debonder and it came off clean as a whistle.

Besides, I don't want things to come apart, I want them to stay where
I put them.

5200 rules!!
Senior Member

On Apr 30, 9:53 pm, Charlie Morgan wrote:
On 30 Apr 2007 17:26:39 -0700, wrote:

On Apr 30, 8:17 pm, "RCE" wrote:
wrote in message

groups.com...

On Apr 30, 7:58 pm, "RCE" wrote:
wrote in message

groups.com...

. Oh by the way, chuck you farley, still waiting for
your valuable input here.- Hide quoted text -

Oooops, sorry charlie, guess I should have read your profile before I
asked about your valuable input. Not to worry, now that I have, I
won't be holding my breath.

What's a "profile"?

Eisboch

look at the top of the post next to your name where it says "view
profile". You can go there and read past posts by a poster to
determine if he/she has posted relavent information, or if they just
throw intellectually lazy attacks to gain attention. Me, sometimes I
troll, sometimes I try to add good info but you can make your own
judgements there.

Must be a "Google Groups" thing.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Must be, either way it is a tool I will be using more often before
responding to trolls. The attacker here seems to be very contrarian in
many groups, without much positive input that I can see. Would still
like to hear his suggestion as a solution to the origional post, hell,
he could turn over a new leaf

The only thing worse than an uninformed newbie, is an arrogant and idiotic
newbie.

CWM- Hide quoted text -

Still don't have any useful info to provide huh. Silly old man, name
calling is so above you. Like I said, based on your posting history, I
would have expected less.

RCE RCE is offline

"Don White" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..

Sheesh. I had a Ford Ranger once, a really pretty "Splash" truck. If I
recall, it had a tow capacity of about 3000 pounds with a small block V6.
It was a sweet truck, trouble-free. Enjoy.

Probably the same 3.0 liter V6 as I have in my 2006 Ranger.
My brother-in-law has the 4.0 liter engine in his 2007 4x4 Ranger.

The first Ranger I had (the '87) had, I think, a 2.8 liter V6 and a 5 speed
manual transmission. I drove it for over 150,000 miles (which was a lot in
those days) and it still ran like a top when I sold it. The only thing I
replaced was tires and brakes.

The second was a '00 or '01 with the 3.0 and an auto transmission.
I ran that all over Florida during the winters for 3 years, drove it back to
MA and sold it to my brother who drove it until very recently when he traded
it in with well over 100k miles. Never had a problem with either one.

The new one is the first 4x4 version and has the 4.0L engine. Hopefully, it
will be as reliable as the others.

Eisboch