Default The 300 - Worst Boating Movie of the Year

Yes, there are boating scenes in this move. A storm, even.

Nonetheless, The 300 is one of the worst movies I have seen so far this
year.

Interesting computer graphics, and some first-rate "monsters," but the
plot, the rationale, the dialogue, oh my goodness, they were awful, just
awful.

It's hard to remember a first-class movie of any sort based upon ancient
Greek history and mythology, which is amazing, considering how powerful
the stories are.

Jule Dassin's retelling of Phaedra wasn't bad, but of course it had
Melina Mercouri in it. Zorba had some interesting mythological and
historical references, but it was set in contemporary times.
Costa-Gavras' "Z" was also a tale of modern times.

Where are the great movies involving Ulysses, Achilles, Paris, Helen, et
cetera?

(And they'd all involve the Aegean and Mediterranean and boats!)

Harry Krause wrote:

[...]

Er, movie. I need to borrow Shortfisher's speeeeeeling czecher.
Tim Tim is offline

I neveer was impressed with Pirates of the Carribian or it's sequal.

When you said "Paris, Helen" for a second I thought you were talking
about Paris Hilton..

LOL!

Harry Krause wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
[...]

Paris Hilton? What an insult to the memory of Helen of Troy! :}

On 30 Apr 2007 12:20:17 -0700, Tim wrote:

I neveer was impressed with Pirates of the Carribian or it's sequal.

GET A G#D D#!N SPELL CHECKER!!!!!

It's Caribbean and sequel.

And....

Pirates of the CARIBBEAN 1/2 are the greatest movies ever.

~~ mutter - freakin' googlegeek loser - not impressed with PoC 1 & 2 -
mutter ~~

On 30 Apr 2007 12:20:17 -0700, Tim wrote:

I neveer was impressed with Pirates of the Carribian or it's sequal.

GET A G#D D#!N SPELL CHECKER!!!!!

It's Caribbean and sequel.

And....

Pirates of the CARIBBEAN 1/2 are the greatest movies ever.

~~ mutter - freakin' googlegeek loser - not impressed with PoC 1 & 2 -
mutter ~~

They are also still the top rated DVD rentals for the past 6 or so months.

Tim Tim is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Pirates of the CARIBBEAN 1/2 are the greatest movies ever.

"Caribbean"

I've drank that before. too bad I can't order it locally.

http://www.foodonlinecentral.com/trade/rs195201.html

Tim Tim is offline

Harry Krause wrote:

Paris Hilton? What an insult to the memory of Helen of Troy! :}

I don't remember her, Harry.

Are you really that old?

Tim Tim is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 30 Apr 2007 12:20:17 -0700, Tim wrote:

I neveer was impressed with Pirates of the Carribian or it's sequal.

GET A G#D D#!N SPELL CHECKER!!!!!

It's Caribbean and sequel.

And....

Pirates of the CARIBBEAN 1/2 are the greatest movies ever.

~~ mutter - freakin' googlegeek loser - not impressed with PoC 1 & 2 -
mutter ~~

Tom, If it wasn't for my grotesque typing skills, you wouldn't have
anything else in life to keep your teeth on edge.

Now see? I never mispel;t notin in that sentanxe. gimme a brake!

?:

Tim wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
Paris Hilton? What an insult to the memory of Helen of Troy! :}

I don't remember her, Harry.

Are you really that old?

I think I dated her. Great face, no teats.