Default How's the water?

Is it safe to come back after so many years away? ;-)

Dave Brown wrote:
Is it safe to come back after so many years away? ;-)

Wow....welcome back.

Harry Krause wrote:

Wow....welcome back.

Permission to come aboard, sir. :-)

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:56:52 -0400, Dave Brown
wrote:

Permission to come aboard, sir. :-)

So how's everthing at Chaffee's Locks? Last time I heard from you was
in the summer of 2000 when Mrs B and I stopped by for the night in our
old Bertram 33. Is Dorothy's Fish Camp still there?

Wayne.B wrote:

So how's everthing at Chaffee's Locks? Last time I heard from you was
in the summer of 2000 when Mrs B and I stopped by for the night in our
old Bertram 33.

Gonna be a busy summer with the Canal celebrating its 175 anniversary
Wayne. Are you planning anything special for it?

The big news for me is that we were granted a license to operate an LCBO
Agency store (which includes permission for a Beer Store as well). I'm
hoping a boater or two will appreciate the convenience of buying
refreshments close to the canal.

For non-Ontarians, LCBO is short for Liquor Control Board of Ontario
which is the government owned/operated liquor/wine/spirits delivery
system for the masses.

Is Dorothy's Fish Camp still there?

Yes sir :-)

--
Regards,
Dave Brown

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 00:22:51 -0400, Dave Brown
wrote:

So how's everthing at Chaffee's Locks? Last time I heard from you was
in the summer of 2000 when Mrs B and I stopped by for the night in our
old Bertram 33.

Gonna be a busy summer with the Canal celebrating its 175 anniversary
Wayne. Are you planning anything special for it?

Probably not unfortunately. Since our visit in 2000 we have sold our
house in the northeast and the Bertram 33, moved to Florida, and
bought a Grand Banks 49 trawler. We've cruised north on the GB once
already and will probably do so again this year but it's a bit on the
large side for the Rideau Canal. We certainly enjoyed our last trip
however and still remember it as one of our all time most interesting
boat trips.

"Dave Brown" wrote in message
newssadndIYYfDtv73bnZ2dnUVZ_h_inZ2d@wtccommunica tions.ca...

Is it safe to come back after so many years away? ;-)

Good Grief!

A blast from the past!

Hi Dave, long time. How's everything by you? Seems like I recall you were
heading towards teaching.

Wecome, but don't expect much. Rec.boats has really gone downhill over the
years.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Dave Brown" wrote in message
newssadndIYYfDtv73bnZ2dnUVZ_h_inZ2d@wtccommunica tions.ca...

Is it safe to come back after so many years away? ;-)

Good Grief!

A blast from the past!

Hi Dave, long time. How's everything by you? Seems like I recall you were
heading towards teaching.

Wecome, but don't expect much. Rec.boats has really gone downhill over the
years.

Eisboch

We've been invaded by netcops. One in particular writes long, boring
essays when something posted here doesn't meet his standards.

Harry Krause:
We've been invaded by netcops. One in particular writes long, boring
essays when something posted here doesn't meet his standards.

And Dave, we also have the same grandiose, hallucinatory poster(s). One in
particular writes long and boring posts in which he claims to be the son of
the largest boat dealer east of the Mississippi River, a Yale contemporary
of George W. Bush, the husband of a medical doctor and the owner of a
wonderful lobster boat. Indeed, it is a rich and enriching newsgroup.

Eisboch wrote:

Good Grief!
A blast from the past!

I have been spending the last 1/2 hour looking through the most recent
500 posts and see many familiar faces. It's like I never left. ;-)

Hi Dave, long time. How's everything by you? Seems like I recall you were
heading towards teaching.

Has it been that long? Time for an update then (soap opera flashback
music in the background). I got my teaching degree in 1999, taught the
following two falls, then simply got too busy to teach and operate the
marina simultaneously and now teach only when time permits.

Wecome, but don't expect much. Rec.boats has really gone downhill over the
years.

I'm pretty sure we were at rock bottom when I departed last time.

Don't know how much time I'll be able to spend here given that the new
season is well under way, but I'm sure someone will post something that
tickles my fancy enough to respond.

Great to hear/see from you again - how's things with you?

Dave Brown