Default SF Bay delta question

"Eddie" wrote in message
I have a 28' Regal that has a 10' beam. I understand that's too wide
to tow unless I get a permit. If I tow North over the Antioch Bridge
without a permit will I be questioned at the toll booth? Are the
bridges that cross the Delta wide enough at the booths to let a 10'
wide boat pass?
I want to tow the boat to Berryessa. What other route could I use
besides the bridge? (the boat is in Bethel Island) I was thinking 4
to I-5, N to I-80, S to I-505, left at 128 at Winters to the lake. I
don't want to use Suisun Valley Rd as it's way too winding and narrow.
Any help/advice appreciated.
And yes, I'm willing to get a permit, if I knew where. (just how
picky is the CHP when they see a boat that might be too wide?)
Eddie

Going over a bridge you are much more likely to be asked for a permit.
http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/traffops/permits/

If not going over the bridge and only one trip, may be worth a try for a 10'
boat.

RG RG is offline

Bill, when I went to the DOT website permits it seems that the max
width requiring permit is *15* feet. That didn't sound right so I
have email DOT for clarification. Haven't heard from them yet.
Eddie

CalTrans can set you up with a permit and establish the best route for you.
It can all be done via fax and phone.