Default Scout sale - final version

Just talked to the buyer of the boat. He's not a dealer.
Turns out his girlfriend is having a kid next month and she freaked out when
he spent money on a boat. Actually, *she's* the one that listed it on the
RI Craigslist.

Anyway, we are getting together to "formalize" the sale by filling in title,
etc.

Turns out that despite my precautions the lower unit got some water in it
and did some damage when it froze. The housing is not split, but something
inside broke.

I offered to give him his money back and take the boat back. He wants to
keep it and is not really sure if he will sell it or not.

Eisboch

On Mar 30, 11:02�am, "Eisboch" wrote:
Just talked to the buyer of the boat. *He's not a dealer.
Turns out his girlfriend is having a kid next month and she freaked out when
he spent money on a boat. *Actually, *she's* the one that listed it on the
RI Craigslist.

Anyway, we are getting together to "formalize" the sale by filling in title,
etc.

Turns out that despite my precautions the lower unit got some water in it
and did some damage when it froze. *The housing is not split, but something
inside broke.

I offered to give him his money back and take the boat back. *He wants to
keep it and is not really sure if he will sell it or not.

Eisboch

I would still recommend filing a seller's report of sale, if
applicable in your state. His signature on a title doesn't actually
mean anything until the title is formally transferred. If that title
document is the only real evidence that he owns the boat and if he has
possession of it the title could always "disappear" at a moment that
could prove inconvenient for you. If your state doesn't accept
Seller's Report of Sale forms, make sure he acknowldeges receipt on a
bill of sale and that you keep a copy.

(I'm no attorney, (surprise!), but I chased enough used cars all over
the country to become immersed in typical title concerns).

Poor guy, his situation is a classic. Girlfriend pregnant and
prioritizing "nesting", and he shows up with a $12,000 boat. It would
have been interesting to have been a fly on the wall around there that
night. :-)

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
ups.com...

Poor guy, his situation is a classic. Girlfriend pregnant and
prioritizing "nesting", and he shows up with a $12,000 boat. It would
have been interesting to have been a fly on the wall around there that
night. :-)
=================

It could be worse. I could have a pregnant girlfriend.

Eisboch (just a joke, dear)

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 14:02:07 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Just talked to the buyer of the boat. He's not a dealer.
Turns out his girlfriend is having a kid next month and she freaked out when
he spent money on a boat. Actually, *she's* the one that listed it on the
RI Craigslist.

Anyway, we are getting together to "formalize" the sale by filling in title,
etc.

Turns out that despite my precautions the lower unit got some water in it
and did some damage when it froze. The housing is not split, but something
inside broke.

I offered to give him his money back and take the boat back. He wants to
keep it and is not really sure if he will sell it or not.

Well, it was fun while it lasted (-:

--Vic

[...]

I had a guitarist with that problem, although it involved time more than
money. He & the pregnant GF live in Buffalo. He works in Rochester. He used
to say "Yeah I'm OK with playing 4-5 gigs a month, and practicing once a
week". Those of us with kids tried to tell him to modify his expectations
before the baby arrived, but his girlfriend apparently took care of the
issue.